Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:19 PM
WOW STEVE!!
What a gorgeous, gorgeous, handsome boy he is - I want him!!
You are definitely doing the right thing - you need to have the company of another dog who you can love, life just isn't the same without a dog. I also think Dinahsmum is right about the food thing with dogs from animal shelters, you won't be able to open the fridge at first without Vegas sticking his head in it! It will soon wear off though when he knows you are going to feed him regularly. Awwww, have fun with him Steve, I know he won't be Abe, but you will find enough love in your heart for him too just like you did your old mate Abe - lovely pic of dear Abe there Steve that you posted. Btw, you mentioned about previous illnesses, so have you checked up on all that?

Vegas is going to love his new life with someone like you
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2005, 04:37 PM
The only medical problem Vegas has had is dirty ears,but fortunately he loves having them cleaned-just like Abe did! lol

The peeps at the shelter told me he has been there for a few weeks and plenty of people have taken him out for a "test drive",but his boisterous nature and size put them off.Their loss i say!

His only real downside is that he is terribly car sick-again just like Abe was at that age.I got Abe used to the car by taking him for short drives to places he would like to go-like woods,wildlife park etc and it eventually worked on Abe so will do the same with Vegas.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:39 PM
just sounds like this boy and you are meant to be steve!!!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Aw steve in so pleased for you he is gorgeous and what a great name it really suits him, i bet you cant wait to bring him home? He will never replace Abe but i think it helps to get another dog as you can put all your time and energy now into vegas, and it really will help you. I cant wait to see some more pics of him when you get him!i thought you were going to get another rottie from a rescue place, but how could you resist vegas so cute!
Lovely picture of Abe he was so handsomexxxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 06:08 PM
he is lovely Steve I hope all goes well for you. Its a great idea and while Vegas is helping you, you are helping him by giving him a great home.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:34 PM
All the best steve, i have everything crossed for you xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:40 PM
HI steve

Firstly so sorry to hear abotu Abe - havent been on the board a lot so hadnt realised - He ireally was gorgeous and so sad to hear about him passing. However like everyone has said, you gave him a wonderful life and I think Vegas is going to be a very lucky boy !!

He is also Gorgeous and sounds like he has some characteristics which will keep abe with you and I am sure Abe would approve !!

he looks like a real cheeky chappie and cant wait to see more piccies of him !!

Dani
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:42 PM
what a beautiful dog such a cute face
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
This is 'Vegas' a 12 month old male Bull Mastiff i have reserved from a local re-homing shelter.He is absolutely adorable,very very playful,sometimes quite boisterous,but behaves himself brilliantly on lead.

He has been at the shelter twice,but was due to both of his familys having serious illness with a member and they could not cope with him.His first owners called him 'Rocky' then his second owners called him 'Deifa',but now wont respond to either names! The shelter told me today (i went up there to take him for another walk!) it would be best if i gave him another name so have settled on 'Vegas' as it suits him! Today i took him to their open area to paly with him and he loves running after balls and especially rope toys.Should be picking him up next week and they were perfectly happy for me to have him due to owning a Rottie previously.

I know some may not agree with me,but having another dog will help me get over loosing Abe as it will force me to focus onto Vegas.Abe will always have a special place in my heart and will never be forgetten.

Awww he' lovely Steve and I'm sure his will make you very happy and help you to get over Abe a little bit (although we know you will never get over him completely) Its great that you are rescuing a dog that has had two homes already (I bet the poor thing won't know whether he's coming or going) and you will be the perfect owner for him. It must be terribly empty when you lose a dog and there is no other dog to focus on. We had Benji a few weeks before Sabre was put to sleep (although we didn't realise at the time when we got Benji that Sabre was so ill) so that probably helped a little. I think the longest we have ever been without a dog in our house is 2 months and that was about 27 years ago and we have always had dogs ever since.

Will he grow bigger than he is now, I presume he isn't yet fully grown?

Can't wait to see more pictures so tell them to hurry up and let you have him
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Abe was adorable, and though giving vegus a home will not replace Abe, it may help ease the pain of your recent loss. Lucky Vegus finding such a wonderful new dad he is a loveley chap and I wish you both all the luck in the world: may you have many happy years together.

Kindest Regards
Laura and Jake.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >