Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Hello all,
thank you for your comments, and everybody else thak you for your advice and information. I must say it has been very helpful and valued, and like i have said before most of the popular terriers are not classed as a 'breed' often a cross, i can think of a few non kc registerable terriers, JRTS, Patterdaale terriers, Plummer Terriers, Lucas Terriers German Hunting Terriers, the list is endless. But people still breed these dogs, and people also breed working cockers to working springers, to create a better breed of gundog.
I know i am going to get a lot of stick for this next remark, but i am going to say it. I dont see the point of having KC registration papers i really dont, i believe in pure bred dogs, but not KC registered dogs, i just dont see the point. Lets say i would have brought a KC registered bitch, of any breed, i wouldnt have shown her, never, i dont agree with it. I would have let her whelp a litter, possibly, but i probably wouldnt have got the pups KC registered, as i dont seee the point sadly.
In my eyes a dog is a dog, whatever is in their genes, and whatever they look like, as long as they serve a purpose, of a companion, working dog in any form.
And a note, the westie isnt a stud dog, he belongs to a relative, and has sired a litter of KC registered pups, and my aunt whom owns him, said she doesnt know why she bothered getting him KC registration papers, well truth be told he was an anniversary present to her nad her husband from a friend of theirs.
best wishes
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
... i believe in pure bred dogs, ...
I am a bit confused here. I assume from the above quote that you are saying that you believe in the value of pure-bred dogs ..... but you are proposing to breed cross-breds :smt017
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:46 AM
yes SB i to dont understand that! i personally think the westies are fine and dont need to be crossed to make them better!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 09:51 AM
A few more things to get cleared up Snazzy, i am not a puppy farmer, i dont take kindly ot being even THOUGHT of in the leuge with those people!
There is an abbreviation that you should listen to MYOB, i asked for advice and information, not unrelated opinions.
To everybody else, thankyou all for your advice and information, i have taken it into account, but lets get one thing cleared up, i am CONTENPLATING breeding Florrie, didnt say i definatley was, didnt say i was planning on breeding her, and breeding her like many so called 'Breeders' do, 1 litter possibly!
I really do not take kindly to be reffered to as puppy farmer, i am fully aware that if Florrie had pups they would be crosses, i know that they would be westie cross westie/dandie dinmont, i am aware of this. I wouldnt refer to them with a ridiculas name, that seems to be the fashoin at the moment, to name a few Morkies, Yorktese, Maltipoos, Cairnadoodle the list is endless. I am not going to call them i dont know 'Wendies' LOL, but these people whom breed these dogs, sell them at extausion, and they breed purposley, but they wouldnt have this issue, as people would refer to their puppies, as designer, and as people seem to be such air heads, they would probably inforce this.
And on the home front, there are a few homes in the pipeline, will be vetted if we decide to breed, not all are working homes, only 2 more are, most are pet homes, a few of the perspective owners, have worked with my parents on their anti-puppy farming campains, mmn i bet you didnt see that one coming.
now i do not like hostilities with people, and i apologise to the people whom did give me advice and information, but i really cant be expected to sit back and take the abusive remarks made by people.
best wishes
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:54 AM
hi luke chill lol, eraze and minihaha have your back, they did say to the person who made that comment is what not right!!

take a deep breathe and just enjoy your dogs, forget nasty comments, i knows it hard and have been there, but gets no one anywhere!

we know your not a puppy farmer!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks hayley, but u have seen pics of Florrie, everything is just sooooooo right, i cant let that line go.
Do u see why people say the terriers are the perfect dogs for me, very lively, tenacious, stubborn, and never gives in without a fight. I dont actually like this being said about me though, i would much rather be reffered to as a Golden retriever, very laid back which i often am, arghh who am i kidding! LOL
I am enjoying my dogs, they are sitting by my feet now, keeping them nice and warm, Florrie looks like she is eating paper, oh yes she is, right better go stop her, best wishes
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:02 AM
luke your dogs are stunning, but dont much about breeding, so cant really say about the line!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Nobody has been abusive Luke. It's not allowed. It's a pity that you have chosen not to see the sense in what you have been advised here. We are doing our best to help you breed the best quality, healthiest puppies possible, but your mind is closed. You are determined to breed your cross breed with your aunties dog, and to heck with everybody else.

Go right ahead Luke, nobody can stop you from doing whatever you want, but we don't have to congratulate you. I hope everything works out for you, and I wish you every success, I'm just a little doubtful that's all.

Breeders, responsible breeders, only breed from the best, healthiest individuals, provide a lifelong support service to every puppy buyer, and only breed to improve on what they already have. That means usually to keep a puppy for themselves.

Dawn R.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Dawn,
i have not got my mind 'closed' i still havent decided fully yet, it will depend on what the vet says nearer the time.
I know you are a dog lover, and you are giving constructive critism, but as i have said before i never posted this to get praises, i posted it to get advice and information, not to get people to agree with me, a i knew they wouldnt.
If we breed we may keep one, if we breed we breed, if we dont we dont, i dont really mind, i am just aiming on trying to rear my puppy, never mind thinking about rearing her pups!LOL
Dawn, have u got any tips on training a rather hypo terrier puppy?
Best wishes
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:19 AM
I have never kept a Terrier of any breed, so I can't suggest anything specific. Mine are Gundog breeds. I have heard that clicker training is rather successful, and I'd think that the earlier you start whatever method you decide upon, the better. The only other thing that I think is important is to be consistent.

Dawn R.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >