View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh I'm going to have to order one of their toys now Jesterjen, it sounds good, maybe it smells of their fish too?

I've started on my bag of kibble, but I went for the salmon, not the sardine, and have to say, I think it's expensive coz I ordered the working dog bag (no posh bag, just plain plastic and no vat of course coz it's "working" dog!) and I started mixing it just before Christmas I think, and have to say, they not only love it more than the Wainwright's salmon and potato, but Zena's coat is like a mirror now! I ordered another big box of the fish sticks coz they ate their way through the last box, and I thought I'd ordered the treats, but they never arrived (my fault! ), and as for the mousse, I got another box of 48 of those, mixed with their kibble, I think I've found the perfect recipe now, no sniffing it and walking away, it's all gone and very quickly too, and I'm well happy with the results the other end!

I can't rate this food enough, but it IS expensive, but you get what you pay for don'tya!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I'm going to have to order one of their toys now Jesterjen, it sounds good, maybe it smells of their fish too?

I've started on my bag of kibble, but I went for the salmon, not the sardine, and have to say, I think it's expensive coz I ordered the working dog bag (no posh bag, just plain plastic and no vat of course coz it's "working" dog!) and I started mixing it just before Christmas I think, and have to say, they not only love it more than the Wainwright's salmon and potato, but Zena's coat is like a mirror now! I ordered another big box of the fish sticks coz they ate their way through the last box, and I thought I'd ordered the treats, but they never arrived (my fault! ), and as for the mousse, I got another box of 48 of those, mixed with their kibble, I think I've found the perfect recipe now, no sniffing it and walking away, it's all gone and very quickly too, and I'm well happy with the results the other end!

I can't rate this food enough, but it IS expensive, but you get what you pay for don'tya!
One of the first things I did was smell it lol I can't smell fish, but the dogs might.

It survived Jess, Luna, Apollo (all grown up GSDs with the jaws to go with it lol) and Harley who has razor teeth. It was only about £3 as well so well worth it!
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:04 AM
My dogs have the fish4dogs working complete & treats. They go mad for it & tums are ok. I recently bought the sardine one when it was on offer which they also loved.
One of my dogs gets windy/loose with some foods, especially raw tripe & burns food but he's fine on fish4dogs.
I bulk buy the treats when they're on offer & spend enough to get free postage.
The dogs still get their raw chickens, bones, ribs etc to chew on but the fish4dogs now forms the main part of their diet.
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Hedley now has Fish4dogs puppy drizzled with salmon oil and he loves it. We have all their treats too. I started him on the food first, then after a week added the salmon oil. Within a couple of days his coat was totally different, so shiny and silky, like a different dog! I cant believe it!

I have started using the salmon mousse to stuff his kongs. I open one packet and stuff 6 kongs with it (mixed with biscuits) and freeze 5 of them so he has one a day. He loves it and it keeps him quiet.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
Hedley now has Fish4dogs puppy drizzled with salmon oil and he loves it. We have all their treats too. I started him on the food first, then after a week added the salmon oil. Within a couple of days his coat was totally different, so shiny and silky, like a different dog! I cant believe it!

I have started using the salmon mousse to stuff his kongs. I open one packet and stuff 6 kongs with it (mixed with biscuits) and freeze 5 of them so he has one a day. He loves it and it keeps him quiet.
Can I just ask why you are supplementing it with salmon oil as well, as if my memory serves me correct (will go check), there is 9% salmon oil already in the pup kibble.

Just checked... 9.6% salmon oil
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Can I just ask why you are supplementing it with salmon oil as well, as if my memory serves me correct (will go check), there is 9% salmon oil already in the pup kibble.

Just checked... 9.6% salmon oil
He is a Yorkie and his coat is awfully woolly and matted easily. Some Yorkie owners add coconut oil for coat condition; I preferred to add salmon. It has changed his coat totally, its like another dogs. It has also helped with palatability as he is a bit fussy.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
He is a Yorkie and his coat is awfully woolly and matted easily. Some Yorkie owners add coconut oil for coat condition; I preferred to add salmon. It has changed his coat totally, its like another dogs. It has also helped with palatability as he is a bit fussy.
Fair enough I suppose.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:36 PM
That's a brilliant idea bout using the mousse to stuff a kong, I hadn't thought of that!

We're still doing well on it, they even it it on it's own in the evening as a bedtime treat, just a little handful, instead of their normal biscuits.

I'm not sure, but I think we had a discussion somewhere about this salmon oil overload didn't we? Apparently, you could be doing more harm than good by giving them too much of the salmon oil, but you would do well to Google this, but I seem to remember something about that?!

Salmon is the most brilliant food for dogs with skin problems, I was told that by a vet once, he said salmon oil has something very special in it which you don't find in any of the other Omega oils, so no wonder your dog's coat is looking great, mine are too!

They're getting through these fish sticks like nobody's business, I've just opened my 3rd big box since I started this thread I think?! I get the skinny strips, which are the dried skins, so it's all goodness,no cereal rubbish or things with additives in and I like that! Thank goodness I found these peops, I've never had such healthy, happy doglets (and no, I don't work for them!!!! )
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Found this, but not sure how this equates to a teaspoon of salmon oil per day ...

http://www.aboutomega3.com/know_the_..._fish_oil.html

I also recall reading somewhere that it was the cod liver oil that you could have too much of because of the vitamin content.

I think I might write to fish4dogs though.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I've only usd the fish4dogs treats at the mo and Monty loves them - he also gets the trainers treats from CSJ which are fish also, adores them also.

May have to try the mousse and some other stuff now -
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »