View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm trying to get some weight off my terrier Foxy.

She, like all my other dogs for years, has been on Vitalin and done very well on it - but keeps putting on the weight. (She is out with me dog walking for at least five hours per day, so I think she gets enough exercise ) I put her on Chappy complete, but still she puts on weight.

Now someone has recommended "Natural Dog Food Company" All in One. They say it has really done the trick with their overweight dog, and like Burns it is holistic.

My local Pet Shop has given me samples of the NDFC All in One and some of the Burns, so will be trying her out on them. Just wondered if anyone on here had come across the NDFC brand and if so, what their thoughts are on it.

Have to say that I have, for the last 20 years or so, fed all my dogs on Vitalin - not the dried complete, the one where you moisten it with water - and they have all done really well on it. Very rarely have they had a funny tummy, their coats are good, they scrape their bowls out each meal, and they thrive on it. My other two girls are still on it and will remain on it. It is only this weight thing with Foxy that is forcing me to look round for other foods for her.

Never had a podgy dog before!!
Jelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2009, 07:08 PM
interesting you all say about burns and weight. jelly got so thin on it i was having to bulk it out (we are talking visible ribs and hips) i had her vet checked to see if there was an underlying problem. it got too expensive so swiched to csj gluten free as jelly is sensitive. she's thin on that too but not as bad.
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:01 PM
The best food is always the one that suits your dog. Some dogs do well on a cheap food and others don't. Some owners prefer to feed more natural foods, others aren't so fussy. At the end of the day as long as the dogs are healthy that's fine, as there's plenty of choice out there!
In the past I fed cheapo Vitalin muesli food, then I fed Burns (which didn't suit my dog) and since I've fed Pets at Home food, James Wellbeloved and Whites Premium.
At the moment my dog is looking ace on the Whites and at under 30 quid it's at a price I can afford - but that might change!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3