Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:08 PM
What an oddball!

I posted on here some time in Autumn last year about some guy in a pick up truck giving me the creeps when I was walking the dogs in a VERY remote forest. I am just glad I have four large dogs!

Glad you are ok Pidge.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm lucky guess, I've always had dogs that would protect me, even my springer x cocker would have eaten anyone that tried to get near me as a kid. Oliver now, he is scared of strangers, but that transmits to aggression, so that would work in my favor.... which is why I dont put his basket muzzle on when we are walking at odd hours... no chance of kids running up to us at 5 am or 11 pm. but I carry it loosely so people can see that he's aggressive if they're bent on harm/harassment. I had some teenagers following me one night, Ollie was growling at them. they kept getting closer and were throwing insults at me... Ollie started to snarl, bark and lunge... I said that if they didn't back off I'd let him go ('course I would never do that... but it was believable) they backed off after a couple more insults, and we got home safe... Ollie got a treat!
queeniefarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Poor you, he sounds as if he is either a pervert, a bully or totally insensitive to the affect a man has on a lone woman and how frightening it can be.

Take care
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Oooh Pidge that's creepy - gald you are ok though.

I always get unerved on the farm if I see a man without a dog & not jogging (like no man should go for a walk alone!!) I usually fiddle with my mobile & tell Tilly come away as if I didn't she might attack him - even though she's wagging her tail & would prob lick him to death!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 07:39 PM
when im out on my own with sadie i have to say i do feel safe- but then i do KNOW she will protect me- i dont know whether i posted about this at the time....

earlier this year i was driving to great yarmout for an agility comp, i was driving through leicester centre when i noticed i was being followed by a guy in a car behind mine(it was 3.30am so deserted) at traffic lights he pulled up along side me, jumped out this car and opened my passenger side door(sadie was asleep on back seat so he hadnt realise i had dogs in the car) now i dont know whether he was trying to steal my bag or something more sinister but the second the door opened sadie lunged and bit his arm he shreaked, pulled away got back in his car and drove off (all this happened in a matter of seconds)i was in an old banger so he wasnt tryin to steal car lol
just shows that we should be on our guard always- if sadie hadnt been there i dont know what i wouldve don...oh and yoda slept through it all in the back behind the dog guard!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Not a good experience for you, but glad you're ok -
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
when im out on my own with sadie i have to say i do feel safe- but then i do KNOW she will protect me- i dont know whether i posted about this at the time....

earlier this year i was driving to great yarmout for an agility comp, i was driving through leicester centre when i noticed i was being followed by a guy in a car behind mine(it was 3.30am so deserted) at traffic lights he pulled up along side me, jumped out this car and opened my passenger side door(sadie was asleep on back seat so he hadnt realise i had dogs in the car) now i dont know whether he was trying to steal my bag or something more sinister but the second the door opened sadie lunged and bit his arm he shreaked, pulled away got back in his car and drove off (all this happened in a matter of seconds)i was in an old banger so he wasnt tryin to steal car lol
just shows that we should be on our guard always- if sadie hadnt been there i dont know what i wouldve don...oh and yoda slept through it all in the back behind the dog guard!
good girl Sadie! but that kinda gives me a soft spot for Yoda (typical boy tho,let the women do the real work.lol.)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:23 PM
What a nasty man.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones too, I have two out of three very good body guard dogs.
They would sense before me to be honest.

Glad your ok, perhaps a stiff drink eh!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:38 PM
That is soooo scary Pidge, and reading other people's stories too.
Glad you are ok now.
Lucky for me people are scared of Stone - most people think he is a wolf!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
That is soooo scary Pidge, and reading other people's stories too.
Glad you are ok now.
Lucky for me people are scared of Stone - most people think he is a wolf!!
that can work both ways....my Tupac is looking really wolfie at the moment,he either terrifies people...or draws complete 'numptys' to him
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >