Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
In 5 years, I would like to still be living with Ryan (OH), in Scotland, I love it far too much to go back to living in England!!

I would like to have a job on a yard working with horses, rather than in a hotel and I would like to either own my own horse or be close to getting one!

Also, have a team of gundogs, that I have trained myself!! (That are better than Ryans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

x
Definately better than Ryan's........
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Well, given this a lot of thought and I would like, like most others on here, have a small holding with a lovely cottage, woods lots of rescue dogs, cats donkeys a few pigs and sheep.

I love Scotland but I have to think of Carl so it would have to be round here somwhere...there are some lovely villages a stones throw from me. I am lucky that I live semi rural I have countryside on my doorstep. I love my bungalow so am happy at the moment.

We will have to see how the finances are when Chris retires, but that won't be for a few good years yet.

x
I think you'd deserve it too......with all the work and love you give that gorgeous son of yours xxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
In the future, I would love us to have our own farm either here in Scotland, or back home (for me) in the Lake District or Allan's home in Yorkshire.

I would love it to be totally rural as we are now and would also love to have a few extra kennels on the farm so I could foster GSDs and BCs for rescue.

Have to say I feel pretty privileged living the life I do at the moment, especially when it is obvious how many people would swap places with me in the blink of an eye
BC rescue now your talking.............mind you I'd never rehome them
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Here where I am now
We have a lovely chalet bungalow, a large garden, a farm on the other side of our fence, which we are welcome to use. Friendly cul de sac, wonderful neighbours.
We're tucked away from the big areas, but within a few miles drive of two of them, for shopping purposes.
We're currently living our dream.

A small holding wouldn't be for us. I love my dog, but wouldn't want the chooks, pigs, goats etc. Guess I'm more of a Margot in that respect
Too far North wouldn't be for me either, as my asthma gets worse the colder I get.

So where we are is just fine and dandy
Oh yes you already have your place....well done hun xx
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
Well, for me it will need to be in 15 years time mortgage paid, kids (hopefully) standing on their own two feet.

I want a grown-up gap year Couldn't afford to travel when I was younger, so me and OH have dreams of a camper van and a year off work-don't know if it will ever happen but a girl can dream

House wise, somewhere near to where I am, just a bit more secluded with a bigger garden-I would like me some chooks and another dog or two!
Pat and I should be having Adult time....instead we fostered children what are we like
Originally Posted by random View Post
Well seeing as i'm a bit younger and don't even have a mortgage yet i'd be looking at 20+ years down the line. A nice quiet house with mortgage paid off, with a bit of land for the dogs and a nice, understanding man who likes animals and for my business to do well enough so I don't have to worry about money but i'm really not after anything flash or making millions, i'm quite content as I am if i'm honest, just that I know 4 dogs and 1 kid is my absolute limit here as there isn't really space to expand much, perhaps could get another room in the loft, but it is fine for now, but just who knows what the future holds?
Your future hun is to meet that ''mr right'' and go and get your dream.....and a few more dogs
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
15 yrs time. hmmm well im 54 now so i wont be going out partying will i. but having won the euro lotto we will be able to afford a nice house with plenty of land. a nice woods with a river (with fishing rights for OH ) lots of animals(maybe a pony n trap ) like that.
and when we both de-part this earth. all our belongings are to be sold and the proceeds given to PDSA and the heart foundation. and other than my bro n family. everyone else can go and whistle.
Pony and trap, funny I always wanted to just get a romany caravan with a horse.....sell all, get the animals together and ride off into the sunset......no sure how the chickens would like that
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I have no idea - but it`ll be interesting finding out. I`ve never really made those sorts of plans (apart from signing up for college etc.). I find that things just tend to work out.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I have no idea to be honest.. But if it involves a nice house in the middle of the countryside and enough time and money for a few animals, I'll be happy
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd like to be in Spain - we were going to do it years ago but it would have been to difficult with the kids - because it wouldn't have been fair on the other parents (coz we are nice like that - even though most of them are living with us!) Anyway once they are at least past 20 I think we will go for it,then they can decide for themselves - but we will keep the house here & rent it out probably. I don't like this country it sucks!!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm 60 and hope to retire in the next 5-10 years.... I then hope to volunteer in a hospital for children with cancer and/or children with severe disabilities involving my dogs...

On my list is also traveling...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have no idea - but it`ll be interesting finding out. I`ve never really made those sorts of plans (apart from signing up for college etc.). I find that things just tend to work out.
Ahhhhhhh but your a woman that grabs life as it comes, thats a good way to be
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I have no idea to be honest.. But if it involves a nice house in the middle of the countryside and enough time and money for a few animals, I'll be happy
Looks like alot of Dogsey neighbours out there in the countryside
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I'd like to be in Spain - we were going to do it years ago but it would have been to difficult with the kids - because it wouldn't have been fair on the other parents (coz we are nice like that - even though most of them are living with us!) Anyway once they are at least past 20 I think we will go for it,then they can decide for themselves - but we will keep the house here & rent it out probably. I don't like this country it sucks!!
My cousin went to Spain for a holiday, met a guy married him and stayed. Divorced him 3 years later and now owns 4 properties out there...1 she lives in 3 she rents for holidaymakers. She says she would never come back here too
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
I'm 60 and hope to retire in the next 5-10 years.... I then hope to volunteer in a hospital for children with cancer and/or children with severe disabilities involving my dogs...

On my list is also traveling...

That sounds lovely hun xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Eventually we would like to be in Derbyshire or Yorkshire.

We are hoping to move in the next year but nearer to where Gorden works as the travelling is becoming ridiculous unless his sort of job comes up in the next year or so up North then we will go off up North earlier.

I would love a bigger garden a driveway for the cars all things we had before until we moved here.

I have loved this house and still do and living here as we have the field and nature reserve on our door step but it is an estate and so many young Children and I would like a bit of peace and quiet now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
he's in for a real shock tomorrow coz...... I booked him a flight in a glider!!!!!!!! Oh what a laugh I'm gonna have when I blindfold him to take him there!!!!!!!
Oh Helena you really must do thread on that. I think he'll quite like it (Assuming he isn't afraid of heights ) just make sure it's a proper glider and not one of those micro-light thingies, they scare the daylights out of me
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I hope and pray that in 5 years time hubby and I are settled in a nice big house near a lake in Canada, with a little one running around. I'll be working a nice part time job that gives me lots of time at home with said little one and hubby has a job that he loves and allows him to work from home on occasion, or at the very least be only a short commute away.

Well, a girl can dream can't she? ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Same here. We've been on the (4 year) visa waiting list for Canada since May 2006 and I hope like mad we're accepted. We meet all the criteria/points and then some but you just never know.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >