Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks I'll go look.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 06:35 PM
can't beleve this has all happened !!!! poor you and poor daisey ...you know i am just the other end of a phone mate ... and I have totally forgiven you for the Beckham jokes
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2004, 06:40 PM
[ if anybody can give me any suggestions on what to try I would appreciate it.]Thanks[/quote]

CC Yes to the raspberry leaf (health food shop) for all things female (dog and human). Firstly change her bedding, get rid of any scent of puppies! Change cover, wash bed in bio washing powder ..no puppies you may think but there are to her.. Next need to keep your bitch as busy as possible, games ,long walks ,toys,take her out away from home in the car when you can..keep her occupied as much as possible (I am off walking next week would she like a holiday in wales? ) Try not to leave her alone too much either to nest. Good luck
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Tonight she's actually started passing dark green muck, I suppose really thats a good thing, better out than in and hopefully it will all drain away without causing too much of a problem.

My daughter took her for a gentle walk this evening, but she is panting alot due to the abortion/infection so too much exercise isn't too good for her at the moment.

I have got Raspberry leaf, so I'll start that immediately!

I keep finding myself apologising to her for putting her through it :smt022

Thanks for all your suggestions
Sharon
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

05-07-2004, 10:57 PM
So sorry for you and poor Daisy, give her lots of cuddles and kisses from me.

I have heard Epsom Salts help to get rid of the milk or your vet can give her some tablets.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 08:34 AM
We had quite a restless night, she needed to go out 4 times! Her rear end looks like she's just given birth, bright green! We called the vet this morning and she said she is happy that it's coming out, it might just save her from being spayed! I just need to find something now to encourage her to eat, I've tried everything she would normally eat ie. chicken, tuna, pasta, rice, sardines in tomato sauce, anything with cheese on top, cottage cheese, scrambled egg you name it, I've tried it......... if anybody can think of anything else I can try let me know please.

Just to top it all, I had my delivery of vet bedding this morning and my whelping box :smt010
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 08:58 AM
I am so sorry Sharon i really feel for you, if there is anything i can do pm me and i will give you my contact details.

Emma
xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Ah.so sorry CC Will she lick a little honey off your fingers? Organic if possible, it is full of goodness. I would think she is feeling pretty sick and will not want to eat. Poor girl, perhaps she will lap a little honey and milk?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 09:37 AM
am so sorry to hear your sad news
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Well the good news WAS that she started eating this afternoon, an hour later she regurgitated it all in her bed, then at 3.30 this afternoon she started delivering her babies..........I feel physically sick! So far she's delivered 4 babies all perfectly formed :smt022 curled up, fast asleep! Rather small for 7 weeks so I think they had probably died a good week or so ago.

We spoke to the vet and she said it was probably better she had passed them, hopefully there won't be too much left to cause infection!

We have a vets appointment in the morning, so will give you an update when we get back.

Sharon
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »