View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Have heard lots of similar stories myself, am not a fan of the RSPCA, they won't do anything for the poor wee starving staffy on my road and I haven't even seen her out all week, beginning to fear the worst now and she could have been saved.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I just don't understand why the word 'Protection' is still used in their name, should be Political in my view
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I really think it is time the RSPCA dropped the 'Protection' part of it's title. What sort of 'protection' did this poor cat receive, and what sort of 'neighbour' does this?? They must surely have known where the cat lived.
I do agree - sadly, it is one of many adverse stories I've heard about them. One reason why I no longer donate to this charity.

I really feel for the cats owner, how irresponsible it was of the RSPCA not to try & locate them first? The very least they should have done was hold onto the cat for 7 days to see if it's owner came forward
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I just don't understand why the word 'Protection' is still used in their name, should be Political in my view
The wouldn't help a certain rottie either would they....
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:31 PM
And yet they can spend millions on tv adverts about those horses that were found half starved and living in filthy conditions.

Poor cat, I would be ...well I have no words to express how I would feel if that had been my cat

Elaine xx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That's awful! My cat only comes in at night! but don't most owners have a collar with phone number on the cats or a chip? Ours has a collar but not a chip.
None of my cats have collars ever since I very luckily came home from work one lunch time to find one of my cats with her paw stuck in her collar and half strangled to death, they are all chipped though, but if this story is as reported its more than scary.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
None of my cats have collars ever since I very luckily came home from work one lunch time to find one of my cats with her paw stuck in her collar and half strangled to death, they are all chipped though, but if this story is as reported its more than scary.
Mine don't either; we had the exact same thing happen with one of our old cats (front paw stuck in collar). Collars off for the dogs too in the house.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I have no time for the RSPCA. I called them out about all those greyhounds and they said there was nothing wrong with them.

I picked one up a couple of days later: it had eye infection in both eyes, was emaciated, lame in front leg and broken tail. I took it to our police station (when you could still do that) and it was sent to Dog's Trust.

Nothing I hear about them surprises me now.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
And yet they can spend millions on tv adverts about those horses that were found half starved and living in filthy conditions.
I was going to mention that yet they say in the advert that other horse charities helped them out. Will they give any donations they recieve from this 'appeal' to those charities as well as they probably have considerably less money than the RSPCA. I doubt it
Becky
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi Random, Luckily the Underground Express was there to help him find a forever home.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >