Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
you have just added to what i mean by automatically assuming she does.
Did you miss the conditional "if" at the start of the sentence?
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Jeez i feel under pressure here myself and i'm just telling you about it, i can hardly keep up with the thread.
Notice nobody even asked about the circumstances before judgement was passed.

Also nobody has even asked what her questions were.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Did you miss the conditional "if" at the start of the sentence?

I dont really play word games.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Is she competent to raise the pups? Well with help in the form of advice i dont see why not. I got the impression most of the pups were spoken for from neighbours and the other pups are free to a good home. I did not suggest a rescue to her for this as to be honest i was only there a short time and it was a bit of a surprise to see the litter. I did not get the impression she wanted to profit in any way from this and you have just added to what i mean by automatically assuming she does.
I'm sorry to say, but that's where I think you are wrong. I mean, it's not like baking a bl**dy cake, or how to plaster a wall is it, we're dealing with a "life" here aren't we, and I know I wouldn't be able to plaster a wall merely by asking for advice on how to do it on t'internet, so how could I possibly be expected to raise a litter of pups via the same route? That is why, even though I have had 6 beautiful pedigree bitches in my life I have never ONCE thought about breeding from any of them, because I wouldn't know how to cope, I'm not experienced in it, so I leave it to those who know, and what a wonderful world it would be if everybody did the same imo!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I dont really play word games.
Comprehension is not a game.

You accused me of making an assumption. I did not.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:28 PM
What is the woman's intentions with regard the pups? If she has not done prior research up til now then is she competent to raise and then home the pups? I would suggest not and that the best chance for the pups would be to approach a rescue for help finding homes.

That would mean that she won't make any money but the pups interests would be served and there would be boundless advice on tap from the rescue in the meanwhile.

If she is doesn't like that idea and wants to profit from the pups' sale then I would not be prepared to offer any helpful tips beyond refering to a vet for health concerns as she is a BYB.
Comprehension is not a game.

You accused me of making an assumption. I did not.

Oh i'm sorry the above looks like you are not being in the slightest bit judgemental and i'm the only person in the planet who would have taken the above post in the way i did.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:39 PM
With the help of google i have now found the answer to this womans questions, quite simple really but not being a breeder i had no idea, thanks everybody for caring enough to ask what her questions were and help me help her
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Forums can be a great place to get information, but there is also the chance of mis information and if she is having problems I dont feel a forum is the place to be spending time, she would be better going to the vets and sorting out the problem correctly,

Mo
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Now this is probably going to be quite contriversial, hope not

I met a lady today through 'freecycle' it was all related to wooden posts really, anyway it just so happened that she had a litter of pups there.
She had never had a litter before and so had gone online to various forums ect looking for advice.
She was met with contempt and lectures at being so irresponsible. Now i understand many of the reasons why she got that reaction but the pups are here and she just wants to do right by them. Is it not the duty of dog forums to help?
Personally i did not know the answers to many of her questions as ive never bred a litter of dogs but did offer to e-mail her after searching threads here at dogsey that may relate to her questions.
I know we should be promoting good breeding practices but when a litter is already here should we (dog lovers) not be helping with advice where we can?
With the help of google i have now found the answer to this womans questions, quite simple really but not being a breeder i had no idea, thanks everybody for caring enough to ask what her questions were and help me help her
I'm confused. I thought the point of this thread was so you could pose the question as highlighted in bold, i.e. should forum members help in situations like this? I think most replied, "yes", together with some kind of education, which is what you said too. If you had a question to ask on behalf of this person, why didn't you post it? Or have I missed it?
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Absolutely right.

However, we have all made mistakes in life. Those who say they haven't are in denial!

The bitch and pups will be the losers if no help is given.

As dog lovers, there is no choice.

Sorry Lucky Star the above post is the only one where i noticed someone say 'yes' although that exact word was not used but like i said i dont play word games so took it as a yes. I never noticed it anywhere else.
I have found the answer via google, quite simple really if you know about breeding which i did not.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »