View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 08:30 PM
you were right to be worried that would have worried me. Hope it's notsinister but as oythers have said far better safe than sorry. A wee call to the police wouldn't go amiss. Hugs to your furry friends
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 08:47 PM
That is weird! Agree with everyone else, and yes, a phone call to the police, local vet practices and dog training clubs/trainers might be a good idea, just so they are aware. You did the right thing in moving on quickly. Take care!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi,

Also, I could be wrong as I wasn't there but I get the impression that if they said they wanted to see your dogs' collars, mayb ethis was to obtain details of you, them and/or your address - maybe to steal them?! You definitely did the right thing!

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Better safe than sorry, i wouldn't like someone asking all those question, theres not just the thought of dog napping, but burglary of your home too.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:30 PM
very odd! you handled it brill!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Well done Kicks - better safe than sorry. At the moment it's quiet here for that but it has made me consider tattooing my mutt even though he is chipped.

There are some bizarre if not desperate folks around at the mo!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow that is well dodgy

I actually just heard of a similar thing
People had bred a load of puppies (I know!!) and had carried them to the park to try and sell them to people (I know I know)
A guy asked to see one, asked how much they were, bartered the price down a bit then said he just had to nip home to get the money - and he legged it with the puppy

Mind you the 'breeders' desereved it too - thinking they could make pots of cash breeding pets and flogging them in the park
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:34 AM
I think you did right... Someone once tried to take Takara's lead out of my hand whilst he was fussing her!!

They may have been totally innocent and genuinely interested but it's not worth risking it imo.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2009, 06:39 AM
You did the right thing, I would of done the same as you.
Very worrying.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Very odd I would be inclined to inform the local bobby, or contact the police station local to you that liase with local neighbourhood watch, so that when they have meetings they can inform the neighbourhood co ordinators so that it can be circulated within the different areas, this way it will be watched out for,

Mo
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >