View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I hope the poor dog is reunited with his owners soon, you don't think that something could have happened to them while they were out walking?

or they may still be out searching for him, we have looked after lost dogs at work for several hours before the owner has come to report them missing sometimes.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Did you stick around for a while in the area you found him to see if you could find the owners?

The dog looks well looked after so I am sure someone is looking for him somewhere.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Did you stick around for a while in the area you found him to see if you could find the owners?

The dog looks well looked after so I am sure someone is looking for him somewhere.
We sat on the top of Holmbury Hill eating our lunch for about 45 minutes and he was hovering the whole time, apparently on his own.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh my, he is absolutely stunning!!!

I really hope his owners are desperately looking for him.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope the poor dog is reunited with his owners soon, you don't think that something could have happened to them while they were out walking?

or they may still be out searching for him, we have looked after lost dogs at work for several hours before the owner has come to report them missing sometimes.

I hope nothing happened to them! They could have made this a whole lot easier for all of us by investing in a collar and tag though. I was found by another randy Goldie about a month ago and called the mobile number on the disc, which belonged to his owner who was frantically searching for him less than a mile away.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Why not keep hold of him for now? Try and find the owners rather than put him into the pound??????

That was sooooooooooooooooo mean of me!!!!!

Mean???? No, reeeeeally evil!!!!!

But you are right it is a possiblity
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
What happens in our area is that the vets take them in till the Dog Warden is back on duty. The change in the law isn`t working is it?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Aww he is gorgeous and looks a very content and well cared for lad. I bet he has just escaped and his owners will be going frantic looking for him. I hope so anyway.

Please, please keep hold of him until the owners get in touch, I can't bear the thought of him going to the dog pound You will be rewarded in heaven
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
What happens in our area is that the vets take them in till the Dog Warden is back on duty. The change in the law isn`t working is it?
I left a message with my local dog warden and was called back by the out of hours service. They said I could take him to Crawley dog pound which is about 25 miles from here. It's not much of a service really and it certainly doesn't encourage a person to do the right thing.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Aww he is gorgeous and looks a very content and well cared for lad. I bet he has just escaped and his owners will be going frantic looking for him. I hope so anyway.

Please, please keep hold of him until the owners get in touch, I can't bear the thought of him going to the dog pound You will be rewarded in heaven

I'm just working out how to phrase it to my OH. I haven't come up with anything compelling yet!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »