View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 05:46 PM
As a Stafford owner can I say I am sorry Harry has been hurt and can only say it saddens me greatly when I see a thread like yours.....as it breaks my heart to hear such things about my beloved breed.
I leash Sal in the presence of other dogs...not because she is nasty but because it is respectful to do so.
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Wow !!! such sensitivity from adults is a little unexpected.

It is not in my nature to insult people and therefore I did not think it necessary to point out that not all staffies or their owners are unacceptable. That would have been stating the obvious and rather rude, don't you think.

However whilst accepting this, it is to me undeniable that certain breeds attract a higher percentage of questionable owners where aggression is involved than others, and in my experience staffies regretfully fall into this category.
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
leaving your dog on the lead could have been the problem,you give your dog a reason to be on edge,when in the company of dogs you dont trust...hummmmmm
Seeing that I stated my dog was playing with some pals, your comment lacks relevance.

If however he had been on lead I can assure you he would not have been "on edge" as you put it. A more laid back dog you would have difficulty finding.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight
leaving your dog on the lead could have been the problem,you give your dog a reason to be on edge,when in the company of dogs you dont trust...hummmmmm
What a rediculous statement... now its the dog (who was attacked) fault for being on the lead.

Sorry, Harry , had such an experience, hopefully he will recover without any hang ups.

But I can understand why Staffie owners here feel a little grieved..

Not all Staffies are aggressive, just like not all Boxers /Rotties or any breed for that matter.

Some are some are not.. but I do understand you being a little weary of them... or any dog for that matter you dont know.

Mind, he does look cute in his bandage... and I bet he is milking it for all he is worth.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I think before we all jump on BB about condemming staffies, you should find out what sort of area he is in. Its very easy when you live in a nice area where the staffies are owned by nice responsible people, but if you live somewhere that is over populated with chavs and thier staffs that they rather enjoy having them off the lead to attack other dogs and actively encourage it, then sadly your view can be rather tainted of them to say the least.
Where I live is a nightmare for aggresive staffs, 2 nights ago my friends cat was ripped to shreds on her doorstep when this chap who only lives a few doors from her had his two aggresive ones out off lead as always. I cannot just walk my dogs down the road as I have to try and avoid quite a few dog aggresive staffs on the way. I have to drive my dogs in my car out of my road then park and unload my dogs. My little Milo has been thrown in the air by a staff on his first ever walk out on the lead as a little puppy. He has had several more bad over the past few years rush over and try and attack him, one took the sleeve out of my jacket as I tried to protect him. My Shady has been attacked by staffies or had them try and attack her, she is now very dog aggresive herself and fearful.
Thankfully though I don't hate them, I do in fact rather like them, its the stupid owners I don't like. The chavs, the tiny kids who walk them and have to let go when they try to get another dog and the little old lady who also has to let go of hers otherwise it pulls her over.
Round here I have not met a people aggresive one, they are delightful with people but with dogs sadly its the same scenario here, see a staff coming and get out of the way.
Very good post and fair comment.

Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
What a load of rubbish! Sorry but honestly, what rot!

Originally Posted by Boxer Boy View Post

It is not in my nature to insult people and therefore I did not think it necessary to point out that not all staffies or their owners are unacceptable. That would have been stating the obvious and rather rude, don't you think.

However whilst accepting this, it is to me undeniable that certain breeds attract a higher percentage of questionable owners where aggression is involved than others, and in my experience staffies regretfully fall into this category.
Not really sure what this post means. I'm afraid I do think you need to make sure that you are making your point clear on a forum and if you genuinely do not believe all staffies are bad then you should not be saying "another staffie blah blah blah....".

Deed not Breed. Simple as that!

Get well soon Harry you poor little bear!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Boxer Boy View Post

Perhaps if the title of your thread had been....well less of a mass generalisation then you might have got less backfire from those of us who are not chavvy staffie owners who really try and do everything we can to prevent the stafford being made out to be the chav accessory !!!

I have a dog aggressive staffie who isnt allowed offlead in that sort of situation, and I really am sorry that your dog got attacked, but dont tar us all with the same brush...after all, I have a dog aggressive staffie, however I didnt make him that way I rescued him and he is what his previous owners did to him... yet you would have me being at fault with your statement above ???
feroxsbts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2009, 07:14 PM
When a dog has issues, it's not it's breed thats the problem....it's the human behind the dog.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 07:15 PM
It's not always Staffies, Dougal is as calm as you like with other dogs as a rule. The only problems we have had is with two border collies and an alsation. They, for some reason, have taken an instant dislike to Dougal.

So please, be careful, don't generalise...deed not breed as has previously been said.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by feroxsbts View Post
When a dog has issues, it's not it's breed thats the problem....it's the human behind the dog.
Not always is it the owners fault.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Not always is it the owners fault.
totally agree with you
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >