View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I USED to love this bloke until we went to the Isle of Wight Zoe recently where they rescue all the lions and tigers. We got chatting to the very knowledgeable girl who gave us the tour and talk when she had finished. Apparently, this guy has had ALL those lions taken from him and they are now with his mother (for some strange reason)!!!

He is not all that he would appear to be apparently, but I've forgotten all the things she said about him!!! He's very cruel to them (I do remember that!) and you know the lovely black man who was his No. 1 helper? The one who had to get the dart in that lion when the lionman had gone away and he messed it up??? Well, that lion got it's own back on him, it killed him!!!!!

This is all true, these staff at the Isle of Wight Zoe make that programme Tiger Island, which unfortunately we haven't seen for a while, but that's because they are waiting for a tv channel to offer to buy the new one!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Have watched a couple of the, not really sure about him to be honest, not sure what his ethos is all about.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
....................... He's very cruel to them (I do remember that!) and you know the lovely black man who was his No. 1 helper? The one who had to get the dart in that lion when the lionman had gone away and he messed it up??? Well, that lion got it's own back on him, it killed him!!!!!
It was a white Tiger

I prefer the "Lion Man of Africa" Gareth Patterson. He 's much more in the Steve Irwin mode
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Well the picture of him there shows a white lion? I know the difference between a lion and a tiger???!!! The girl actually told me, it was that specific lion that he missed with the tranquiliser that got him, and that was a lion wasn't it? I think the reporter got his lions and tigers mixed up there don't you?

I've watched that other bloke, he's great! I watched him before this new lion man series.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I do remember hearing that it was a tiger that got him

His wife also left him during filming- something to do with the running of the park
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
He was killed by Abu the Tiger but Craig Busch was not present in the park at the time.

35 out of the 41 Cat at Zion are declawed. Why he was removed too.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Craig-Busch-...ldlife-Gardens

MAF investigation into declawing at Zion.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/15903006/M...ation-Feb-2009

He also lost his lisence due to:

According to an extensive paper trail that stretches back to January, MAF said some of the animal stars were kept in crowded quarters - seven lions in a cage adequate for two.

MAF inspection reports also say cats were found in insanitary living conditions, with dirty water and faecal contamination.

The reports also detail concern over staff training and inadequate barriers in some areas, to keep the public out of harms way.

The perimeter fence, the final safety back-stop, was also damaged and not repaired for a day and a half.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well the picture of him there shows a white lion? I know the difference between a lion and a tiger???!!! The girl actually told me, it was that specific lion that he missed with the tranquiliser that got him, and that was a lion wasn't it? I think the reporter got his lions and tigers mixed up there don't you?

I've watched that other bloke, he's great! I watched him before this new lion man series.
Thst is a stock photograph. As the report is from an Australian paper I think they would be quite likely to be right.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Thi video shows him hitting a cub really hard, and also other maltreatment of the Cats. It also tells of at least 5 convictions, some for assult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DXDUTBhI8
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Sadly that keeper at the Zoo was right about him then, I can't watch that video Dawn, but at least he's been exposed now for what he really is

I must have assumed it was that white lion getting it's own back on that black man then, I know I said that to her, but as I said, I can't really remember the full conversation it went on a bit!
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
What was it?? the video has been removed!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >