Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
The money would have been better spent on the animals and the matter handled in a more mature approach. they should rise above the RSPCA, not join them.
The RSPCA are not the best and i am not one of there defenders normally but in this case i don't think they are at fault. The names give it away people, and it does say on any marketing that its a English and welsh charity.

To insist they carry out no ad campaign's in scotland at all is very unreasonable as how can they control national media such as cable or sky channels? Or are they not going to be allowed to advertise on animal planet anymore?? Its a silly petty fight that shows them in a very bad light and a waste of money. TBH i am less inclined to give money to them now then i was before seeing this . . .
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Why can't they support each other and why do we have to have the English/Scottish thing involved in it ? it pees me off bigtime
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Why can't they support each other and why do we have to have the English/Scottish thing involved in it ? it pees me off bigtime
I agree. Of all sectors to NOT have politics involved it should be the NPOs!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
The RSPCA are not the best and i am not one of there defenders normally but in this case i don't think they are at fault. The names give it away people, and it does say on any marketing that its a English and welsh charity.

To insist they carry out no ad campaign's in scotland at all is very unreasonable as how can they control national media such as cable or sky channels? Or are they not going to be allowed to advertise on animal planet anymore?? Its a silly petty fight that shows them in a very bad light and a waste of money. TBH i am less inclined to give money to them now then i was before seeing this . . .
I wasn't aware that the RSPCA did not help Scottish animals and I would imagine that many people are the same.
I dont know the ins and outs but the SSPCA have said that they have tried to sort this out for the last 6 months and have got no where
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post

From what I have now read, they are legislated differently and have different powers.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
Well. I am for it, bring it on I say, the sspca are losing millons to the rspca - have done for years. I strongly support the sspca and dogs trust havin rehomed all my animals from them over the years. Hard hitting advertising maybe but its to the point - and i like it. The childrens charity Children first have the same issues with english based charities taken money innocently donated that may have been intended for Scotland. The rspcas are much richer, rather my pennies go the the sspca centres.

So no, I dont think this is negative. Its highlighting a contentious issue that needs to be resolved.
Well I do hope all those thousands of pounds wont mean dogs and cats not getting treatment they deserve, or that second chance because "funds" are tight. These people need to stop the petty fighting towards another charity doing the same job, TALK to them and sort things out!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well I do hope all those thousands of pounds wont mean dogs and cats not getting treatment they deserve, or that second chance because "funds" are tight. These people need to stop the petty fighting towards another charity doing the same job, TALK to them and sort things out!
I think they did try to talk to them for the last 6 months
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
That may be the case but it does not justify childish, expensive retaliation.

There is no "them and us" when it comes to the welfare of animals.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I wasn't aware that the RSPCA did not help Scottish animals and I would imagine that many people are the same.
I dont know the ins and outs but the SSPCA have said that they have tried to sort this out for the last 6 months and have got no where

Still don't think that this warrants spending that kind of money on this campaign. Think the money could have been put to better use.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I think they did try to talk to them for the last 6 months
Its time it was sorted then, they have done themselves no favours in doing an advertising campaign rubbishing a charity that does the same as they do. I am NO fan of the RSPCA, but I cant believe a charity would stoop this low.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »