Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Awww poor Ziggy
I'm not very familiar with all this stuuf so can't offer any advice really, just lots of hugs & TLC.
Hope he's back to his usual self soon xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Your bound to be worried to sick. If it helps at all my x-breed Barney once jumped from a wall over 6ft onto a concrete floor and jarred all his shoulder, neck and back. He walked around all hunched up, the vet gave him Metacam which helped & I gave him cod liver oil to help ease his joints I also massaged him which he absolutely loved.
It eventually all released, but took a long time. He may well still be traumatised mentally, he does look so sad in the second picture. What a bonny dog he is still.

Thanks Luz, we've been doing tellington touch on him again which helps to chill him out and then we can manipulate his joints abit. He had metacam for a week and he really seems to be ok physically though I'll probably still get him checked by the chiropracter when they're next in town (come once a month). He's just a wary wee boy again, but we'll go back to his clicker and treats and what can loosely be termed as "encouragement" which involves me walking around like a gabbling chicken getting excited over little things like sitting at the edge of the road without checking all around him first (bless his heart). We'll get there don't worry, I just wish for once it would happen to another dog to give him a break (if it has to happen to anyone).
Thanks for your kind words.
H xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by KatieB_23
Awww poor Ziggy
I'm not very familiar with all this stuuf so can't offer any advice really, just lots of hugs & TLC.
Hope he's back to his usual self soon xx
Thanks Katie - he'll be ok in the end *is determined* even if I have to wrap him in bubble wrap and bounce him down the street!
H xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Right we're off to the sausage roll shop via the park, we're armed with clicker, treats and a ball... wish us luck.
H xx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
Right we're off to the sausage roll shop via the park, we're armed with clicker, treats and a ball... wish us luck.
H xx
Good luck grasshopper - get yourself a nice sticky treat too, cheer up xxxxxxxxx
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Aww, sorry to hear you and Ziggie are both so down He's such a gorgeous boy, it's horrible to see him all unhappy
I don't have nay advice to give, I just hope he gets his confidence back soon.
I hope things went well at the park

xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Poor Ziggy poor you,hope he comes round soon,sure he will,sounds like his confidence needs rebuilding.Bet you wish you could of got your hands on the moron with the claxon...Lots of (((((Hugs))))
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Poor Ziggy, he does look so sorry for himself in that picture

I am sure this setback is just temporary. Perhaps he just needs more time? Even if the vet gives him the all clear, like you know yourself sometimes getting over stuff like this knocks the stuffing out of you a bit?

Big hugs, don't cry, he will be himself again in no time!
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Poor Ziggie, he does look very timid and uncertain in the second photo

If you can do it, the chiropractor might be very worthwhile. I considered training as a chiropractor/osteopath myself a few years ago. Even little, inconsequential bumps and knocks can misalign things and cause problems.

Lots of hugs, and hope the sausage roll trip went well and he's a little more perky
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi Kick, Just read this. Sorry to hear that he's lost his confidence - I'm sure it will soon return with all the TLC you're lavishing on him. It is only a couple of weeks since the moron with the claxon caused his accident. Just enjoy all of the cuddles - sending you both more hugs XXX Hope he's soon back to himself.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >