View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
oops... hijacked the other thread ... now I feel guilty...
er double reiki?

kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't feel guilty!
Hope your girl is ok too,
Hugs to you both, (((()))))
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
hi hun any news yet how are you both doing xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Right... The vet said she was a fine old girl and a great specimen of a 12yr old Sammy! Which was nice. He checked her heart and breathing and said there were no scary underlying causes to her panting, so was sure it is probably just the pain of her joints making her uncomfortable. (can't tell you what a relief that was, had almost convinced myself she had cancer)

He doesn't want to put her on pain relief yet until we have seen if we can get some improvement by other methods... He suggested the mussels so thanks to all who suggested those and t Kingbenny who has kindly offered to send us some so we can try them out. I'll let you know how she gets on... and thought the velvet antler sounded like a good idea if they weren't too expensive... (after all why not use reindeer to fix a reindeer herding dog)

On top of that he has given her an injection of Cartrophen which is a fast metabolised glucosamine/cartilage restoring drug and she has to go back once a week four weeks for regular shots of it and then see how she is. Usually there is definite improvement and they just need the shots every 6 - 8 months after that. If there is no improvement, or if she seems to still be suffering while on the injections, then we will try pain meds.
kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
So pleased that it's not as bad as you first thought! just like my Kira, lol,

Bless them

Hugs to you both ((()))
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you Kingbenny! The green lipped mussel tablets arrived today! I am going to po one in Selkie's food tonight and I'll keep you informed of her progress.

Actually after doing some research I think I may take on with my dinner too I hurt my back about 10 yrs ago and still suffer from chronic back pain from the ligament damage. The Seatone site seems to suggest they might be good for me too I'll let you know...
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Glad they arrived safely Magpye!

I use them as well, I broke my back 4 years ago and have alot of aches and pains still as a result, i only took them after giving them to Jake but they do help!

Mike
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3