View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2005, 10:37 AM
you can also get cows ears - that last ages! much more chewy - - - also when we're at shows we buy them buffallo shins which they adore and last weeks but dont smell (only a bit smokey)!!! Can't get them from any of our local pet stores so we stock up when we go to shows
cycas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Cow's ears are great, but they do seem to be harder to get hold of. My local pet shop has 3 different sizes of dried pig's ear, but doesn't sell cow's ears at all. I only once got some off Ebay but they aren't always on there either.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 05:07 PM
we're lucky - the fruit and veg man at the corner has a section for animals! He's always got them, as well as treats for training etc. he also gets us dog food, rat food, cages etc. at practically cost price! we're just lucky I guess
Zeus
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Never really thought too check where they come from really...

My CKCS loves pigs ears and sauages that you can get from the pet shop, she sulks if she doesn't get anymore, that's why she only gets them as a special treat so she doesn't have them very often so i guess it isn't that bad but if someone was feeding them daily i guess it could cause problems if it came from an undesirable place and the chemicals that could be inside .
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi
Just got to be careful with pigs ears. As they are chewed they swell, so its best not to give your dog one when your out, just incase they choke on it.
Mine have choked on a big bit of hyde, these swell as well.
Jules X
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2005, 11:07 PM
My OH feeds Chester pigs ears but I can't stand to touch them!!
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by minky
pong a bit though, don't they
A bit? They're absolutely foul. I made the mistake of giving my Patterdale a pigs lug in the back of the car to keep him from playing with the electric windows ( he now knows how to open them ) and I had to stop in a layby and jettison the offending article. The seats are a kind of leather/suede affair and still, 2 months later, honk of pigs ear.
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
A bit? They're absolutely foul. I made the mistake of giving my Patterdale a pigs lug in the back of the car to keep him from playing with the electric windows ( he now knows how to open them ) and I had to stop in a layby and jettison the offending article. The seats are a kind of leather/suede affair and still, 2 months later, honk of pigs ear.
lol
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
My dogs love pigs ears, give Angel one and it will be gone in a minute (literally)!!!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
can't feed dudley pigs ears - he makes the most atrocious smells...

xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3