View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks H. Today she would not stop whining so I took her on a little road walk (which she hates, but then she saw a cat to chase so cheered up ) Didnt let her off the lead even when walking though a little park, and she was wearing her boot (which I was thankful for when she stood on a bramble!).

I am going to take it extremely carefully - I don't think running after a ball will be on the agenda for another week or so (to Kestrals dismay I'm sure). Will just keep short flexi lead walks for the moment. I am so worried about it opening back up, but happy it seems to be doing ok Thanks for all your support.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Just as a little update Kestrals pad is starting to heal nicely. It has all dried out, and although it hasn't really knitted together, there is new skin/tissue(?!) covering it.

Hopefully in another couple of days she will be able to have a short walk - I think I am missing them more than she is, but she has got bounds of energy which needs exerting!

Anyway thanks again for all your help and advice. Thank goodness we got away with it without a vet visit!
Wounds that heal by secondary intention always take a little longer to knit together but they do do so.

Glad to hear she is fin.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:29 PM
How is my favourite Buhund doing? Is her paw healing?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:59 PM
It has healed fantastically! It is all fine now, we have been back to normal walking for the last 3 days, and the black bobbley paw surface is growing back which is interesting to watch
We are up for another walk whenever you and Cain feel ready now!

Thanks to everyone for all the help getting through this infection and vet free!!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Very glad to hear you got her all mended and back out for walkies!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks I think Kestral is relieved too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Great news, well done with all that tlc on it! LIke you say, it's interesting to watch in the final stages! Now just be careful!!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
It has healed fantastically! It is all fine now, we have been back to normal walking for the last 3 days, and the black bobbley paw surface is growing back which is interesting to watch
We are up for another walk whenever you and Cain feel ready now!

Thanks to everyone for all the help getting through this infection and vet free!!
That's such great news paw pads take so long to heal. We'd love to walk again. I fly to New York on Thursday (does an excited dance!!) and I'm away for a few weeks but I'll give you a shout when I'm back to try and squeeze one in before Christmas
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great news, well done with all that tlc on it! LIke you say, it's interesting to watch in the final stages! Now just be careful!!!
Thanks H, yes trying to be careful only throwing the ball in long grass etc as you suggested. I wince every time she screeches to a halt! Seems to be healing well though touch wood. Thanks for all your help and support

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
That's such great news paw pads take so long to heal. We'd love to walk again. I fly to New York on Thursday (does an excited dance!!) and I'm away for a few weeks but I'll give you a shout when I'm back to try and squeeze one in before Christmas
O wow you must be so excited!!! Have a fantastic time, and yes great get in touch when you are back and we can sort out a walk with the lovely Cain and Kestral
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3