register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Oh well, ask them to do that then, rather than taking up a bed and an operating theatre
Seriously though, so why do they want to do an op that isn't going to improve anything
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2016, 02:15 PM
G'day all, pleased to see you are back in one piece Moyra. Hope that they manage to get you fixed up in the very near future. Perhaps they're just waiting to use that garage diagnostic thing and get you plugged in to that - that would account for why Lynn is waiting in line up in Norfolk.
Seems Zen's birthday is going along fine - lovely pics as always June.
Must away now as it's a day of turmoil up here - blasted electricians failed to turn up (they were due to finish off today). Now this sort of thing doesn't happen to me usually - I cannot recall when a contractor or garage or supplier failed to do exactly as bidden. It had better be death or severe personal injury or I'll make them wish it had been. Like the former Empress of India - We are not amused. Tonight is dinner out with the Mem (Wedding Anniversary) and not a blasted thing is going right. Then to cap it all the Mem informs me she is off to Wales (MIL's) on Sunday for a week. It was in my diary but I'd forgotten about it, so will have to make a few re-arrangements in my schedule.
Have a good day all, best wishes and apologies to anyone I've missed out, will see you all tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Oh dear Moyra what a dilemma. I am sure if they suggest you have the op they must think it will help. Hugs.
Happy anniversary to LG and the Mem. Enjoy your meal.
If Moyra needs the diagnostic machine more urgently than me I have no problems with that.
Good luck with diary re-arrangement LG.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Have a lovely night out, you old romantic, you
Wouldn't it be lovely if every time we felt unwell or had the odd twinge here and there, we could go and plug ourselves in to a diagnostic machine, it would tell you what was wrong, and the requisite medication or advise would pop onto a shelf for us to take home
Still raining here, I've only got a third of the underneath of the decking to finish off as well, was hoping I would get that done this afternoon then wrestle it the other way round and do the top part tomorrow and Friday, then get the planters,pots and troughs done over the weekend. I should really hoover the stairs I suppose but can't summon up the enthusiasm
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Congratulations LG on your Anniversary, hope you have a lovely meal out tonight.

Yes, wouldn't it be wonder but I have already been plugged into a diagnostics machine today. They had to take three ECG readings and my BP was particularly high as well although my blood sugar was only about 6.7 which I would say wasn't too bad.

I phoned the local surgery, came clean about my drinking habits and what the hospital said about getting something to help my lack of iron. So I am waiting to hear what the doc has to say!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Isn't it sweet of Zen to choose to be born on LG's ' Special Day'. Now how many puppies would be that thoughtful
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks all for the good wishes - will pass them on to the Mem.
Moyra 6.7 is smashing for blood sugars, wish mine would stay around that level. My Professor at MRInfirmary tells me that a good average is anywhere from 4 to 7 so you are well within these perameters. Also bear in mind it will be up a little with the stress of being messed about with at the hospital. Best wishes. G.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Griff, how have you got on today with the hospital or the doc. Hope things are better for you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Happy anniversary to you and the mem Gordon and have a good evening tonight.

Do hope the doctors ring you back with some help Moyra. Hugs)

Grass cut back and front and veg plot tidied up. I do wish my neighbour whose front lawn adjoins mine would sort out his flower beds as they are full of grass and weeds. So far I have mown both the lawns (mine is a very small part of the whole) about 5 times to his once. I don't mind but he has admitted they know nothing about gardening and have not had a garden before. Never mind they are nice people so mustn't complain. Sorry I missed yours June and Griff but I had to cook lunch and then I forgot
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Moyra, my HB is low...thye will most likely want to give you b12 and iron to boost it....i hope they get you sorted
LG, many congrats to you and the Mem...hope you have a lovely dinner
Norma, you want to watch that bumblesnout...it is all a ploy and she is plotting to take over the world!!!
TW, i hope you get your cheque reissued
Lynn, hope the chap can come up with a plan of action for you...i wonder could you email the Dealer Principa at the dealership...usually when they come out of the office and moan at the service manager, they come and moan at the foreman who moans at us techs and then it gets done Lol...all be it amongst muttering and swearing Lol
Sue, i will let you off if you had to cut the neighbours grass too!
I should have been seeing my urologist today but as it is wednesday i won't go out so cancelled it, then i wanted a haircut and the only day she could do...today!!! so i had a haircut, saw someone i hadn't seen for a long long while and put a smile on his face so that was nice Lol I am now sporting a shorter haircut, i am not sure what she has done to it but there we go Lol, it will most likely be better when it is dyed and styled. Still no call from the hospital...they won't call me back i know this, i will drop a note in to my Dr and let her know that i did call but got no call back
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >