View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Although I never did care much for the woman on tv she still is a human being with feelngs and a careing family, I wouldn't wish this on anyone

I can't begin to imagine what shes going thought at the moment, my heart goes ut to her and her family
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I think its horrific - having to face the fact that you'll never see your kids again. I had a friend that was diagnosed with bowel cancer and she died within six months. She left three children, she was only 43 and had only been married to her new partner for a couple of months. I hope i never have to face something like that. Regardless of what some people may think of her personally you'd have to be pretty hard to not sympathise with her.
Some people are leaving extremely nasty comments on the online news pages still, saying she should just get on with instead of craving attention. She's gonna die for crying out loud, leaving her 2 wee boys behind. I feel extremely for her.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
The reason she is making programmes , doing interviews etc is to get money for her wee boys and who could blame her
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I do feel sorry for her and her family
Cancer is horrible, my father died of it almost 3 years ago
One thing that made me so proud of him was the strength and dignaty he accepted his fate with
We didnt have the money to go private or anything and the NHS took so long for tests and things that it had spread. He underwent massive operations, chemo and other things
There was other treatments he could have had but they were the other side of the country so the doctors decided it wasnt worth the risk/expense
When they offerd him the nasty chemo at the end and told him he had about a year to live, this chemo might give him a couple of extra months but would make him really ill for 6 months
He decided that its was better just to accept it

I also know of a friend of a friend who when diagnosed totaly panniced, set up paypal accounts for people to donate money to her so she could search the globe for treatments and try and go on exotic holidays
again I felt sorry for her, deeply, but I also feel for her family that their lasting memories are not as nice

I hope I and noone else I know are not in that situation, but if I am I hope I am brave enough to give my friends and family memories to be proud of
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Clair View Post
Although I never did care much for the woman on tv she still is a human being with feelngs and a careing family, I wouldn't wish this on anyone

I can't begin to imagine what shes going thought at the moment, my heart goes ut to her and her family
ditto .....not a fan but no one deserves to loose so much so young
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I was so sorry when I heard it had gone to her liver as the rule of thumb is once a cancer has spread to the liver you have less than a year.
Remember cancers always stay the same..... in other words she has cervical cancer in her liver, abdomen etc, not liver cancer.
The fact she has a golf ball sized tumour removed is also very worrying as she would've had scans and I'm presuming they would've seen that tumour if it was there before unless it is spreading/growing quickly.

My Mum had breast cancer in her liver and bones when she died. She had three long courses of chemo and I know that if she hadn't have died that Easter Monday, as she was due to see her consultant on the Wednesday I'm sure she would've been told the news and given the option as to whether to continue treatment to shrink the tumours or whether just to have pain relief etc..... and I don't know if she could've coped.

How Jade deals with this is up to her. If she chooses to be filmed or not, it will be her way of dealing with it...... and no one should judge her. I know the production team of her series are like friends to her now so I'm not surprised as it would be a loss to her not to do it as well as income for her children when she is gone.

I hope her children get to stay with their Dad and get some stability through this poor mites they are so young.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Just shows how important it is to get yourself to the docs for regular smear tests. I did, and had first stage cervical cancer zapped with a laser.

Feel for her
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I was never a fan of hers, but I wouldn't wish this on her. It's so sad.

Apparently, she only has months to live now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-to-live.html
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I was never a fan of hers, but I wouldn't wish this on her. It's so sad.

Apparently, she only has months to live now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-to-live.html
I wasn't surprised to hear this, just wondered when they would tell her. I believe she asked why she wasn't having her usual chemo next week and was told then that it's not going to help anymore.
Very sad, the whole thing.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I've just been reading the same in the paper..........very very sad, my heart felt sympathies to her and her chiildren
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >