View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys She got my e-mail and rang me last night at 9.30 and I didn't answer the phone coz Dave was around and of course, he's still being kept like a mushroom with this!!

She then e-mailed me which I've just answered, and apparently she had to work late so couldn't ring when she said, all is well though, and she actually said in her telephone message, "don't worry, you sound like the perfect person we're looking for for Cameron"!!!! That's a good start then!! Let's hope he thinks so too! I will tell him anyways when I go up there on Saturday morning, armed with the camera of course!

Yes Suzi, they talk, but they're more renound (sp?) for their horrific screeching!!! It's pretty loud, so he'll be the perfect match for me!!!! They also make this wonderful soft noise when you stroke their chest and rest their head in your hand, awwww, can't wait! I hope Georgie likes him and doesn't want to eat him!!!!! I'll have to play that one by ear. I've taught him not to chase the birdies out in the garden and he's quite happy with that, so hopefully he won't think Cameron is edible!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Sounds very promising:smt040
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes, definitely LOrna, but it's Dave I'm worried about now!!! I'll have to pick the "right time" to come clean The only reason he'll be against it is, more work for me, and he says they're messy, and he hates seeing them looking out from behind those bars day in day out, he thinks it's cruel to keep them like that. He doesn't know yet that he'll have to build him a nice big avery out in the garden for the summer He also made a brilliant stainless steel perch for my other one so she could be out in the open indoors too, so he might wel do it again? I can work on that one too!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 12:05 PM
When he sees how happy it will make you he'll agree

If not try plan B - use your womanly wiles (sp)
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi H Just caught up with this.
Cameron certainly is a handsome boy and I am sure the love will be mutua land I know you will spoil him rotten. Good luck and hope it works out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks Eunice

The only doubt creeping in, is will I be able to give him the time he deserves??? There's Georgie, now Mum, Dave, the house, not forgetting Dogsey of course!! I will have to ask her how much time he gets now, and if I don't feel I could even give him that much then I'll walk away. I've been thinking of putting him upstairs in the dormer window in my bedroom, and that way, my Mum could chat to him during the day, and I can play with him when I go up there at 9 o'clock to do her? Failing that, he'll be in the office window down here with me, but then I'm out a lot during the day, and only in here in the afternoons and evenings! It's a bit of a dilema thinking about all this! I know I want him, but I must be fair to him, coz the only reason I gave my other one away to a bird sanctuary was because I kept having to move her from room to room when the house was too small! That's not a problem now coz we've knocked down a lot of walls and have big rooms down here, but it's the time thing that's worrying me!

Anyone else got parrots and they can advise me how much time they spend playing with them, or leaving them on their own please????
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 02:56 PM
we had one in florida her name was gizzy and she lived at the vet clinic where I worked she was out in her cage all day in the barn ,she had a radio and we would talk with her while we were treating the horses, then at night she was in the house loose playing she would watch tv and talk to it
she was alot of fun.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, they're a lot of fun aren't they I'm sure he'd be happy here, because if I had him upstairs Mum's tv is always on, so he'd hear that, and she's constantly tripping to the bathroom, and she'd stop off and talk to him, or maybe sit on my bed and have a real good chat with him (she likes to talk my mother, as you can well imagine but she doesn't come up for air like I do!).
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I spend at least an hour one on one with Bijou every day, but he is out of the cage a lot more than that, he either sits on my shoulder while I'm on the laptop, or on the laptop he helps me prepare dinner (but is always in his cage when it's cooking) and helps with the housework, usually flying off with the duster he also loves it when Christoper hasn't shaved for a few days, he sits up close to him and slowly pulls the hairs out one by one, well for as long as Christopher allows it I think he'll be fine, you obviously have his best interest at heart, and Bijou doesn't need or want 24/7 attention, you'll be fine H, honest, you just have pre owning nerves

p.s. he's looking very scruffy as he was molting when the pics were taken

Here's my little boy

I have to put an old cloth on the keyboard, not only is he likey to cr*p on it, he'll also try to pull the keys off as well

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Lol Christine,I was wondering about that c**p too!!!! LMAO at that!!!

Awww, he's a little stunner isn't he. The way you are with your Bijou is just how I was with my other one, but then I didn't mind about that c**p then, whereas new carpet now As long as I clean it all up before Dave gets home he won't know about that bit will he!!!

Yes, that's a good idea, I can just have him sitting on my shoulder when I'm on the puter etc. but remember to take him off there when I go out the door!!! Do they still clip the wings nowadays??? I remember when I had hers done, it took me ages to find a vet who dealt with parrots, and then I obviously found the wrong one when I took her, coz he approached her with a towel, grabbed her, cut her eye on the side of the cage, it was all pretty horrendous and he was a vet!!! I let him know about it too!!! Anyway, I had to do it, coz I didn't want to lose her when I put her outside and she loved sitting on the top of her cage out in the garden and climbing into the hedge!

Trouble is, I'm wondering about Georgie, and whether Cameron is going to be safe on the loose around him! I'm going to do a list of questions to ask the woman now, coz I know what I'm like and I'll come away on Saturday not having asked all that I wanted to!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >