Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Anne-Theresa PND is not really about bonding with your baby, it is about you being on a hormonal roller-coaster for many months which can play havoc with the way you feel (and yes for some relate to your baby) .

Remember we are all different and have varying hormone levels and mood swings pre and post birth. Also having a baby is of course a huge life changing experience, exciting and frightening at the same time . Being tearful one moment and exhilarated the next is all perfectly normal.

If you feel you aren't coping as the others say speak to your doctor.

I found when I worked nights sleep deprivation made me much more 'emotional' , tearful and unable to cope with everyday situations. This without any baby being present .

Try to grab some rest whenever you can, have a nap during the day when your baby does if you can and above all try and relax , leave the housework and enjoy your baby

ETA have just read your later post and see you have spoken to your doctor.
Excellent advice above. Hormones, huge life changes and exhaustion combine to knock us back, I think. And being expected to do it almost alone. Previously you`d have had female relatives living nearby or with you. Now we have celebs pretending to be `back to pre-baby fitness` and coping like goddesses (without mentioning the full complement of staff behind them and the plastic surgery)
Be kind to yourself. X
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Excellent advice above. Hormones, huge life changes and exhaustion combine to knock us back, I think. And being expected to do it almost alone. Previously you`d have had female relatives living nearby or with you. Now we have celebs pretending to be `back to pre-baby fitness` and coping like goddesses (without mentioning the full complement of staff behind them and the plastic surgery)
Be kind to yourself. X
Couldn't agree with this more, sleep deprivation is a killer and makes everything else worse!
Also I would recommending some mummy friends that you can all chill out with let the babies play etc and it made such a difference to my days when Luca was very young.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Just to ease your mind I take anti depressants and did so throughout all of my pregancies and throughout breastfeeding, it is perfectly safe.

Because of my depression I was a high risk for PND so I had to have weekly injections and daily suppositiories, my poor bottom, after the birth of my eldest Now that was embarrassing
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hay guys thanks for all your replies, I managed to sleep better last night as if a weight had bin lifted. I haved started them today after doing a little research about the effects to Ciarán, I just have to watch his feeding from what I can find.
ATD x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Hope you start to feel better soon, I'm always around if you ever want to chat xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3