Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Look at it this way Fudgeley, even having 6 sick kids around you is STILL better than having one sick man imo!!!! Think I'm right there!

Reading that back, it's quite difficult to say "six sick kids" with a big bit of plastic in the roof of your mouth!!!

I hope I've made you laugh a bit anyways!! xxxxxx

Thanks H, great mental image there, and yes I did giggle.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear they have all been unwell. I can totally give Echinacea the thumbs up, we have been using it for quite some time now and I can honestly say colds and coughs don't seem to take a hold (touch wood!)

If they take it when they first start to feel a bit under the weather for a few days it should help them in future. Apparantly it isn't advisable to take it every day. It seems to work for us anyway!

Hope they get better soon and you are free to enjoy your walks again!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi Fudgeley,
Sorry to hear about all the kids. It must be tiring at times, but they'll get over it soon I do hope so anyway. How were things at the govenors meeting? I have been told that these 'bugs' often pass round in school but it's hard to know how that can be curtailed.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 08:51 PM
The meeting was a quick one. We are having a complete new school built at the moment and it was about applying for various grants to landscape/design the grounds.It was good to be out of the house today fro a while and to use my brain.

Fingers crossed that youngest is well in the morning . Eldest is going to go in and then ring me when she is ready to come home.

Another meeting first thing so wish me luck for making it there.....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We are having a complete new school built at the moment .....
That must be quite exciting Not many parents get to have a say in a complete new school.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 07:02 AM
It seems to be a really bad time for bugs and viruses - the "winter vomitting bug" (nice) is whizzing through the staff at work like no-ones business, and now the colds have started. Sorry you're feeling down about the nippers. Rach, but they will recover soon, honey, I'm sure xox
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That must be quite exciting Not many parents get to have a say in a complete new school.
It has been a long hard slog, with opposition from local residents. Unfortunately it means knocking down the Edwardian building we are in now. we do end up with a fantastic new school, with bigger and lighter classrooms and a lot more facilities. So far we have been planning and designing for roughly four years, It is very exciting to see the new school being built. If all goes to plan the childrn will be in their new school in Sept. 2008. Being a parent Governor has enabled me to be a big part of the whole process.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3