Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Amber08071 View Post
I have posted lots of pics of my dogs on here.......
I missed the pics when you posted them, sorry

Just looked them up and so glad I did, they are adorable
Love the pic of Rocky with the babys dummy especially, sooooo sweet :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I missed the pics when you posted them, sorry

Just looked them up and so glad I did, they are adorable
Love the pic of Rocky with the babys dummy especially, sooooo sweet :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
Thank you.....he is the big suck in the house...
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Good on you Amber, Your making the right choice.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
But he has`nt got a predigree from which you can check that health tests were done through the lines and being from a BYB I`ll bet your own pups parents were not tested.
Please believe me, him being a purebred, [ and there is no guarantee without papers anyway ], he will not be a benefit to the gene pool of the breed when none of the vital and ethical criteria were met by the byb`s your pup came from.

One of my own BCs [ whom I got from a rescue ] was handed in with pedigree papers but the breeders were idiots who bred from innapropriate colour lines so he was born deaf and absolutely not for breeding from. His parents separately had excellent lines but should not have been mated together, [ both blue merles ].

Trust me, even experienced breeders can get it badly wrong to the detriment of the dogs they produce, so for you with a non-pedigree`d dog from back yard breeders, [ which I`m afraid is what you would also be if you bred from him...], with no health tests, and no known history / pedigree on your dog, you would be doing the breed no favours much less the pups you would be responsible for ethically, morally, and quite possibly financially.

Another thing to consider, any ethical breeder would take back dogs they had bred at any time should the buyers want to send them back for any reason - suppose you bred from your dog and ten years later all the owners had to return them - if the bitches owner refused for any reason, next port of call is the studs owner - are you prepared for that responsibility ?

I beg you, *please* do the right thing for your dog and for the breed - the snip is the kindest and most moral thing to do, not just for him and to prevent rescues getting a long awaited home because of too many other dogs being bred left right and centre, but you yourself would`nt ever feel the scorn of being just another BYB either, you would be able to be proud for not having gone that sorry route :smt001
just because someone mated two dogs do,s not class them as a back yard breeder in my opinon
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
just because someone mated two dogs do,s not class them as a back yard breeder in my opinon
Is that an opinion or question?

See http://www.dogsey.com/dog-breeders.htm for what is generally considered BYBs /unethical breeders.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Is that an opinion or question?

See http://www.dogsey.com/dog-breeders.htm for what is generally considered BYBs /unethical breeders.
that is my opinion ppl who have 2 dogs and if they want to mate them and have a litter dosnt class them as a back yard breeder
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I wondered because you ended your post with question marks.

If it doesn't make them BYB's it makes them irresponsible and unethical.

You don't just 'mate two dogs' for the heck of it, or just because you can
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I wondered because you ended your post with question marks.

If it doesn't make them BYB's it makes them irresponsible and unethical.

You don't just 'mate two dogs' for the heck of it, or just because you can
yes it makes them irresponsible and unethical.i agree 100% but it dosnt make them a back yard breeder ,and not amny ppl breed them just for the heck of it and because they can they have more reasons to do it than just that ppl should look at the whole picture not just scratch the surface ,or what they would do every one has there own right and way to breed there dogs even dogs bred from tested perants and from top breeders end show homes can end up with hederity faults and in rescue homes just my opinion
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Please rewrite your post with adequate punctuation and grammar, as I don't want to a) try and second guess what it is you are trying to say, and b) waste half an hour doing so.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Breeding is not what it is cut out to be wether you have bred two pet dogs together or wether you have bred a show winning litter if it's done right the costs are still the same, sometimes many heartbreaking decisions have to made - you could well loose your bitch, you could also loose some puppies, sometimes you could loose all of them. Breeding a litter is something that should not be done just for the sake of it and anyone that does should be prepared to stand by future offspring. I have a little boy here (gorgeous little boy) who will need surgery when he's four months old to remove a lump from his neck (something I am worried sick over) the vet seems to think it may disapear before surgery is needed as it may have been an injury he sustained from 'mum' it seems to have shrank a bit but it hasn't gone so it looks likely that surgery looms for little Bubba, it will more than likely be costly to get him sorted out but I care more for my pups health than I do for the money spent on them. The questions have been asked 'Will I keep him' and the answer to that from the start has been his home his here and thats the way it should be, always. If you can't stand by your own - then don't breed it's that simple
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >