Handstrip Border terrier - £20

Strip Norwich Terrier - £20
How can they afford to live on those prices..... lol
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I charge anything from £15 to £55 depending on the size of the dog. matted dogs are extra, as are dogs which take longer due to temperament issues. Extra time is charged at £10 per half hour.

Average price for a small dog bath and clip is £25
I charge roughly the same but I do give a discount for returning regulars if they keep up with the coats.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Before I took on a St Bernard I looked at other salon prices and the price was around £80-£100. Maybe they quote more because not all places like to do big dogs. Anyway I'm glad I checked as the dog took me a full 4 hours and took forever to dry with a heavy duty blaster. It was a backbreaking job and I think I earned every penny.
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Bob gets his nails clipped bathed dried and his glands checked all for £10.
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Our Portie costs about £25. Took her 2 hours all in last time as he's a high maintenance dog.

That's a bath (shampoo & condition), dry, groom, overall trim, muzzle shave, nails, a doggy joop. hehe And trimming him is no short job!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Six and a half hours???? What are they drying him with? Even the heaviest coated Newfy (never had a Leo here) takes 3 hours max, and that includes trimming and matted bits.
I was going to say the same thing! I can normally get newfies done in 3 hours pre-groom, wash, dried, coat/nails clipped and or trimmed.

My prices are slightly cheaper than the salons around here, but I have been told my work is just as good, if not better because I can allocate my time better for each dog that I see, instead of rushing because I have over booked clients etc.

I tend to have set prices based on what owner(s) want done (i.e. Wash+dry, full works etc), although surcharged for overly matted dogs, dogs with fleas, and XL dogs. Makes it easier for me than having a price for every breed (or X breed).
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thanks for all the replies, i never realised people paid that much! certainly very interesting
Yes but remember around 50% of what we charge is overheads, so if for example someone charges £26 for a cocker spaniel breed trim and it takes 2 hours then the groomer is actually only going to get £6.50 an hour - not a lot really is it? I actually charge a lot more than that

Also if I sit in a hairdressers for 2 hours having the stylists undivided attention I usually pay something in the region of £100, and I like to think I am a pretty easy groom compared to a bouncy dog.......
Tibter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I used to pay 45 euros for a full cut, blow dry and nails trimmed. Unfortunately both the nearby groomers have closed so I will have to go much further to find one.

One groomer told me that it was impossible to get an appointment in the summer when the Parisiens arrived. They are used to paying 100 plus euros so love the cheap local prices.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I go to an agricultural college on the outskirts of Norwich (Easton College) where they have a grooming school headed by a lady who also has her own grooming salon in the country.

They charge £27 for both dogs and do a very good job indeed. Parker has won numerous best-in-show awards so the grooming has to be right as I show him. They also do a one-to-one groom where they spend time on your dog getting it to look right.

When they did a feature on Easton college in the local newspaper they showed a student grooming a dog and it was our Parker!

Sadly when we first had Parker, and our lovely, now gone, Cherry, I took them to a grooming parlour where they had upwards of 12 dogs at a time running about together and this was when we first experienced Cherry's dog reactivity after taking them here so I can't help wondering if she got picked on by another dog whilst there? Before this we had let her off-lead on the heath where we live and she had been fine with other dogs.

I still do not think it is good idea to let unfamiliar dogs run about together like this.

Because I have rare breeds I would be wary about taking them to some grooming places as they would propably come out with a Poodle or Schnauzer trim!

I appreciate the time it takes to groom a Kerry properly as in the summer when the college is closed I trim both dogs but I would find it hard to spare £60 or £70 pound every 2 months for grooming fees as I had to reduce my hours last year due to ill-health.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »