Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Little Molly would love the pampering as well, but could you imagine the piss that poodle will have taken out of her when she is down the park............

Oh, No, she doesn't go out for walks........ or does she?????

Mine love running through the dead leaves and muck.....

Can't see the pink poodle doing that, can you?

Let a dog be a dog.....
I am always amused at how peopel assume that just because a dog is beautifully groomed it does not also live a normal life.

It is an accusation often made about show dogs, and I know many, especially in both of my breeds, that are working their socks off on a shoot etc one day and in the showring the next.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that this dog does not run through dead leaves and muck?

I do not assume that at all any more than I assume that film stars walk around all day in high heels, coiffed hair, painted faces and nails and never put a trackie on.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Ohhhh that would so work!!! do it!!!!
we needed to find a Eeyore costume for Jet first! If anyone can find one, I'll def do it!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Groomer in town has a pink poodle (it's the name of her grooming parlour so a sort of walking advert). Dog doesn't seem to mind and it really does make people smile.

Would never dream of doing it myself, but if the dog doesn't mind it and the proper stuff is used, why not?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Where can i get some candyfloss 11pm of an evening ..??
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Where can i get some candyfloss 11pm of an evening ..??
Cinema
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:05 PM

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Hmmm looking at Benjie - he could be a lion, bit of darker orange around his neck, shave his tail til the end and the rest of his body apart from his neck.. nope OH wouldn't let me..

I do know of a GSD that did have a Lion/Poodle cut though.. to keep him cool in the summer - he looked stupid.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Don't see the attraction myself.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post

arent they clever??
and before people go mental most of the more OTT images are for compatitions - where the grooming is done and they are judged that day - so the dogs dont have to look like that 24/7

But I wonder for the people who have the problems with it - where do you draw the line between what is and isnt OK?

Wolves dont need grooming or clipping at all (neither do my dogs) so ANY grooming is something that mans intervention over time has caused to be needed for our dogs
Its ALL unatural
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am always amused at how peopel assume that just because a dog is beautifully groomed it does not also live a normal life.

It is an accusation often made about show dogs, and I know many, especially in both of my breeds, that are working their socks off on a shoot etc one day and in the showring the next.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that this dog does not run through dead leaves and muck?

I do not assume that at all any more than I assume that film stars walk around all day in high heels, coiffed hair, painted faces and nails and never put a trackie on.
I am taking it from the whiter than white pomeranian (sp)? that poodles about in the park isn't allowed on the grass, isn't allowed to sniff other dogs, etc.......

I wasn't saying that every dog that enters the show ring doesn't behave like a normal dog.....

But do you walk round the park in your wellies with a pink poodle SB?

Come on???????
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »