Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I just noticed... Charlie has lost his little StAndrews flag tag... I'm gutted. Just had to dish out a tenner for Claire to geta new one tomorrow
That is why my dog has two tags on his collar both with our phone number, DogsTrust identity number and saying he has been microchipped. Having lost his original DT tag I decided to have two tags so if one came off he would still have some ID on him.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:29 PM
My lot have thier names, address, phone number (home and mobile), plus my family name. On 2 tags.
I once lost Molly on a walk and someone called me to say they had my dog but she didnt answer to Coggle (my family name). . They also said how obedient she was!! She apparently sat every time they gave her a biscuit!
I figure, if anyone is going to steal your dog, they will do so whether they know thier name or not!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:43 PM
ours just has our surname and a phone number. I would say the naming thing is a case of if questioned, the thief has more chance of sounding believable if the dog clearly knows the name it's being called. I've never put names on tags.

xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Mine have actually got 3 tags on their collars, each time I've bought a new one I just added it to the existing ones. They jingle when they walk
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Ok - re: the name thing on the tag - I can see your point on the if close enough to steal thing but if they don't know there name then they can't really call them away - I dunno it makes me feel better and it doesn't make any difference either way at the end of the day does it. Name or no name so if I feel better for it then no big deal either way.

Also, having five dogs means I don't have to search for whose collar is who's! They don't have collars on around the house.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Mine have tags that say they are chipped and they also have my telephone number on them...NO name.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Chance has his name and my mobile number on, but he is microchipped too

I have been told that its a bad idea to put the pets name on the tag not sure why though
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:56 PM
My two have their names and my mobile number on their tags, they are also microchipped.

Knowing a dogs name is of no benefit to a thief. Alot of dogs will come to you if you call their name in a pleasent manner and they know you have some tasty treats.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Teagan has:
Teagan *surname*
*my mobile & home numbers*

Reverse:
'*My address*'

On the second tag she has;
I am Insured, phone my vet
*Vets phone number*

Reverse;
Scan Me
I am Microchipped
I am Spayed

Well, all that info is on....maybe not in that order though lol
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by lizdll View Post
i dunno hes gorgeous
Thanks! However, the blue eyes have a strange effect on some people! There's one old woman in our village who crosses herself and crosses the road every time she sees either Snorri-dog or Kali - she says they have "the Evil Eye"!
Superstition has its uses, I suppose!

Snorri
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >