Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Myra,
Don't understand the crop thing, do they have their ears cut?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
TBH, I think the vet probably worked along with him and allowed him to take the dog home early for expressly that purpose. In the UK, I'm not sure if things like this happen. But backdoor deals and stuff are not that uncommon.

The vet is NOT supposed to send the dog home while still asleep from the anesthesia, but that doesn't mean anything. The man probably requested to take the dog home early and either the vet didn't care enough to do so, or the man "convinced" him to break the rules.
It's just ridiculous....and that am bullies legs are at an impossible angle to its body! Looks like they've just been stuck on. I can't imagine they would be able to move easily.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Gee whiz! Bullysaurus!
Reckon this guy is the look they were aiming for...?

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Gee whiz! Bullysaurus!
Reckon this guy is the look they were aiming for...?

Hahahahahahahahaha
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Myra,

Yes, their ears are cut and in some cases taped to stand up (depending on the breed)

Ear cropping is done on many breeds, including, Boxers, Dobermans, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, American Bulldogs, Argentinian Dogos, Cane Corsos, Schnauzers, and many others
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Myra,
Cropping means cutting the ears so that they stand up at a certain angle. Usually Dobies have a long crop or medium, while American Bullies usually have a short or "battle" crop.

A battle crop is almost totally removing the ears, and leaving a tiny little bit... so named that because dog fighters often use that crop to keep the opponent dogs from having something to latch onto.

Dog in first photo has short, dog in second photo has a battle crop and the dog in the third photo has a (very poorly done) medium crop.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:38 PM

Thanks Sara and Myra.Omg,shocking!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:39 PM
It's all disgusting and unnecessary but the second one is particularly vile and cruel.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It's all disgusting and unnecessary but the second one is particularly vile and cruel.
The battle crop IS hard to look at, I agree. But, I'd not say it was CRUEL. Yes, it's not useful... and yes there is no reason to do it. But cruel? I don't think that's the right word to use.

Would I crop a dogs ears? Never!! However, when properly done... it's done under general anesthesia and the dog is bandaged up for a while and much like a spay or neuter, recovers quickly.

The dog isn't in any real pain over any other type of basic surgery, the small amount of pain doesn't last long... and it's generally not a dangerous or risky procedure.

I don't like comparing it to spaying and neutering because it doesn't usually have any real benefits... but lots of people say it's cruel to chop a dogs testicles off. I personally don't find it cruel to neuter a dog, but I'd never rush to have it done... I can tell you that.

The argument is used around here a lot. Kind of like this:

People don't neuter themselves to keep from breeding, and people overpopulate the world too.
People don't remove their testicles to prevent testicular cancer.
People would feel bad or inadequate if they were removed, so dogs might as well.

Do I agree with that as a good comparison? Absolutely not! But I find the argument somewhat valid, I must admit.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Myra,
yes, unfortunately
they mutilate their dogs deliberately as they think it looks better
like they cut off some others tails
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >