Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Great thread!

Helena - that car-whining that Georgie does so reminded me of my GSD Jasper. He used to do that - all the way from Grimsby to here about 4.5hrs!!! (we used to live there and come back to visit!) Sid wanted to kill him by the time we got here LOL.

Well here's mine...

Marius His innate fear of traffic - I know he can't help it bless him and I've tried everything I can think of. But it is SO annoying when he baulks at traffic like he's a beaten up old hound. Sometimes people look at me like I've just kicked him or something!

His typical Rottie, 'can't hear, have gone deaf and testing you' mode. Doesn't get it often, but when he does you could swing for him (usually doing something like eating cow-crap in the middle of a field when he knows you cannot reach him!

Lola Her very typical full-throttle bulldoggy way of playing. I have to be play-monitor all the time - mostly for Marius' sake!! She is very full-on and gets more & more hyper. She could sometimes do with a valium but she gets time-outs instead

Her screaming - only does it when you answer the door or go out of the front door. It's so high pitch it sounds awful I am currently trying to re-teach her manners about this, have a feeling Sid let her get away with it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Steph - welcome to 'Hoki world' -she's always been like that.

Mind you, I've noticed in the last few months she has finally started trying to suss out where I'm going...as she's getting slower at getting up, I think she's realised that sometimes by the time she gets up, I'm back

So you've only got to wait for another 9 or 10 years and for her cruciates to go before she won't get up every time you do!
Bless her little heart

x0x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Just thought of something else.

I have a small house. When walking towards Mya she will just stare at me instead of getting out of the way (when I want to go through a door, for instance).
I have to say "shift, you daft creature" and then she moves.

Lennon has a habit of lying across doorways and looks at you lazily as you vault over him......

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Midge is my shadow. I can't even go to the toilet without him there. He's allowed upstairs, and will follow me to the toliet, and I never shut the door properly (tempremental (sp) handle) and he pushes it open and gets comfy on the bathroom mat!!! If I'm in the shower, he sits outside the door, only because he gets too hot!! It is nice that he wants to be with me all the time though!!!

Hamish and his dog poo eating, its revolting!!!!
Misty and her 'deafness' when I'm walking back towards the kennel.
Blade and his clingyness, I want him to 'get on' on a shoot day, and he won't budge!!! Yet when I want him to walk to heel, he wants to be away hunting!! He's also very jealous of the others (Other than Misty!) When Snipe first came, I kept him on a lead, so Blade kept walking inbetween Snipe and Me, making Snipe pull away and yank my arm!!!
Gracie irritates me when I'm on my way back to the kennels and she just stops and sits. She won't come with me and the others at all. I have to put the others away and then go back to her and carry her!!

My new ones haven't shown ALL their annoying habits, although Kay refuses to walk through any water, so ends being carried alot and Snipe when he jumps up! He's so tall, he almost reaches my shoulders and he's not fully grown yet!!!

They aren't a bad lot really!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Shamus winds me up by going into screaming hysteria when I am about to take them for a walk. He shuts up the second we`re outside, but for those few minutes it`s total ear-splitting shrieking bedlam.
And yes, I`ve tried all the usual remedies.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Dougal's snorking and snarking when he's giving himself a darned good clean...so offputting. Also if we go out of the living room, he runs to the door sniffing soooo loudly at the bottom of the door to see if he can work out where we went. Really rather annoying if you are on the phone (it's in the hall) and all you can hear is 'SNIIIIIIFFFFF SNORT, Whine SNIIIIFFFFF!'
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 02:27 PM
blimey - some of them definately have some 'interesting' quirks!

I've only had Axel (Greyhuond) nearly 2 weeks, and the only thing I can think of so far....is his awful WIND!!! He farts like crazy and even my husband, who is pretty much unable to smell) is covering his nose! We've had visitors in ripple fashion diving for cover!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Adding to my Tilly 'what gets on my nerves' list...

When on a walk they disappear down a rabbit hole for 15 minutes, get caked in fox poo, disappear AGAIN coming back covered in some type of spiky plant thing that has to be physically cut out of their coat with scissors. Not a happy terrier 'mum' at the moment.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
blimey - some of them definately have some 'interesting' quirks!

I've only had Axel (Greyhuond) nearly 2 weeks, and the only thing I can think of so far....is his awful WIND!!! He farts like crazy and even my husband, who is pretty much unable to smell) is covering his nose! We've had visitors in ripple fashion diving for cover!
Oh we had that the first couple of weeks we had Dougal. Oh it was so gross, even I was feeling sick. We got him in January and had to open all the windows in the living room with the stench! It'll settle eventually.

Thankfully he only does that now if he gets 'people' food.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Heehee great thread! had some lovely giggles reading this!

Kiba gets on my nerves in the way he has such bad Separation Anxiety in the house that I can't even have a pee upstairs without him whining at me from the bottom of the stairs and yet when he's out he's quite happy to bolt across the field to see another dog and takes absolutely no notice of 'mummy' whatsoever.

Right now I have a boarding dog in that's getting on my nerves because he is OBSESSED with licking Kiba's willy he WONT STOP! Kiba is covered in slobber and it's completely gross.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »