Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
what was a cottage with the greyhound kennels in the middle of a lovely area, is now hemmed in with newbuilds. Not seen the people who own the kennels for ages, but last time I saw her she said the nearby new estate thats been up a few years now were complaining about the dogs barking.......................................I feel so sorry for them, I used to ride in that area, they had a bit of a livery business, now they are in the middle of a housing estate that gets bigger everytime I see it
It's so wrong, beautiful countryside taken over by miles of urban housing, 10% of which has to be 'social' and any social worker will tell you 10% of those are the trouble makers.

There are just too many people in England but it's easier to build more houses than address the real problem
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Harvey, you are right, on developments over a certain size there has to be allocated homes as social housing, my dad was running the phone lines into houses in Warwick, he was talking to the builders and they said they were marketed and sold at £1million upwards and on there.....social housing of the exact same buildings!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Who 's going to want to pay over a million to live next door to what could well be where the problem tenants end up
If the horses don't appear this year, Harvey, then I would be concerned that the field had been earmarked for something other than grazing land. They should be out round about now, all the horses around me (and there are a lot) are now in the summer grazing and the winter turn out closed off.
Well the dog next door has been barking non stop for 3 hours or more, went out about 10 mins ago to check on girls and put them to bed, and there's a light on in the back bedroom, so that means the daughters upstairs and the dogs being allowed to bark without anyone putting a stop to it. Bad enough its happening anyway, but when someones in, I'm going to have to say something I'm afraid
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Harvey, you are right, on developments over a certain size there has to be allocated homes as social housing, my dad was running the phone lines into houses in Warwick, he was talking to the builders and they said they were marketed and sold at £1million upwards and on there.....social housing of the exact same buildings!

I expect there is some minor variations but basically the policy is mix everything up together !!! When we were planning our move back to England in 2013 I picked up brochures from all the big house builders, they all had plans of the development with each type of house in a different colour (2 bed, 3bed, etc.) but I noticed some coloured grey and they were usually at the back of the development and not mentioned in the key so I phoned up the sales office and asked. Initially they wouldn't tell me but after a bit of proding they admitted these were allocated to 'social housing' and it was a condition of the planning approval that they had to build them!!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Evening everyone,
The mattress finally came at 3.15, they took it upstairs for me, so I made the bed up for her so hopefully Lauryn will have a really good nights sleep.
Griff really pleased Kota's results revealed no nasties.
Glad your turf is down TW
I think everywhere has to have a certain amount of new housing and I'm certain there has to be some social housing too. There's been lots of new builds in this area, quite a lot of it argued against and campaigns ect. Esp from the village next to us. But they lost out. There was to be a Morrisons built across from where Sainsbury's is, there was a petition against it, even though they were going to put into rebuilding our towns football & cricket pavilions pay towards the roadworks and all sorts, I was looking forward to Morrisons but it ended up with them pulling out. Same when they wanted to re build the train station ( which we had when my mum & mum in law were young) a 'friend' fell out with me for refusing to sign to say I was against the train station.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Not everyone in social housing are trouble makers, not everyone can get a mortgage, if everyone didn't buy their council houses there wouldn't have to build so many new ones.
I live in a rented property and I don't cause anyone any bother
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Mandy, very glad the mattress came and they carried it upstairs for you.
Thank you I am very relieved about Kota...she is a bit of a minx but she is my minx lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:49 PM
No Mandy, not all are bad but now they don't sort of vet tenants so that people who will fit into an area are given an appropriate property, when I was given my flat, I was 23...by far rthe youngest tenant, my neighbours were all elderly and were so worried when I moved in....I caused no bother to anyone and even refused a house warming party so as not to upset them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
If the horses don't appear this year, Harvey, then I would be concerned that the field had been earmarked for something other than grazing land. They should be out round about now, all the horses around me (and there are a lot) are now in the summer grazing and the winter turn out closed off.
Well the lady doctor who owned the property when we moved here subsequently sold (I think it was Feb.2015) the new owner wanted to use one of stables as an office, his change of use was initially rejected but latter an amended approval was given, but he's now sold again, just a year latter (Feb2016) and we are waiting to see who the new owners will be. I just hope and pray they have two or three horse loving daughters and a Dad who can afford to indulge them
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I understand not everyone can buy their own homes,Mandy. I specifically said troublesome tenants, not meaning decent families who look after their homes like yourself. But you yourself know that there are estates that become ghettos, we've had it along the road I live on, houses bought specifically for the rental market and no checks done. So far we've had the same house raided again and again for drugs, turned out they were growing cannabis in the upstairs of the takeaway on the corner (now closed) and a couple of council properties with furniture and all sorts dumped in the garden. Now I would be at melting point if I'd paid a million quid for my home and found myself living in that situation. Bad enough that I own my home and its happening around me, but at least I didn't pay anywhere near a million for it!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >