Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I would never leave "big"dogs together unsupervised, mine are all crated separately. The Cavaliers can be safely left together.

All my dogs get on well, however if I am not there I do not have any control over what may happen if say someone tried to enter my house-one of them had a fit(not that any of mine have)etc

I certainly would never leave a lurcher alone unsecured with another dog/cat etc
I think unfortunately I realise that now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:49 PM
What a truly terrible thing to happen; you and your husband must be in a million pieces.

I can offer no advice, but if he was my dog then I would never be happy leaving him alone with other animals ever again, nor would I feel safe letting him off the lead.

This is a horrible situation and I feel so sorry for you.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Zoe I am so, so sorry to be reading this. I can't imagine the horror your hubby felt when he found what had happened.
I can't offer any advice because I just don't know what I would do.
Poor Bessie but I also feel so sorry for Danny.
You must feel so sick.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:04 PM
How devastating for you & your poor hub, can't offer advice just wanted to say thoughts are with you xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Im so very sorry. What an awful and devastaing thing to happen for you all. I would follow the advice of others and get Danny checked over. Big hugs to you all for the sad loss of Bessie. xx
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:08 PM
What terrible news. I can only echo what others have said...

Getting Danny checked over by the vet is a good idea... Is muzzling the three of them (if left together) an option? Or crating Danny as well as the new foster?

*Hugs* going to you and your husband

R.I.P Bessie xxx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:15 PM
What a terribly tragic thing to happen My thoughts are with you and your husband, I don't know how you cope with a thing like that. Sleep well sweet Bessie I hope whatever you decision you come to with Danny, that you are comfortable with it. It's a tough choice, personally I'd be tempted to start with tests and see if it gives a bigger picture. Again, so sorry, big hugs to you.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Thankyou all for your kind comments and advice. The vet said she may have had some kind of fit. I know she's been slowing down of late and would certainly be seen as the weakest.
Also the lady that runs the rescue we work with said the same thing.
I guess we will never know what triggered it but all I know is that when I look into Danny's eyes I can't bear the thought of having him PTS. I'm in turmoil and just feel sick.
I know how hard it must be, when I first had Champa---lurcher cross----he picked my JRT up and shook hetr. It slit her throat and she had 8 stitches, it was very near to killing her.

I often wonder how I would feel about him if he had killed her. I just don't know.

What I would say is that dogs are dogs and NOT humans, to pts for something which happened in your absence would not be fair. OTOH if you or your OH feel you can no longer live with him then I would try and rehome him. Unfortunately tragedies do happen with groups of dogs, no ones 'fault'.

Don't rush into anything, give yourself time to grieve and try and step back a bit. He doesn't know what he did was 'wrong'.

Thoughts to you all.

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:19 PM
how awfull for you im sorry for your loss xx

i agree with Rune.
..also forgive me for saying....it may not even of been him,you will never know
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I know how hard it must be, when I first had Champa---lurcher cross----he picked my JRT up and shook hetr. It slit her throat and she had 8 stitches, it was very near to killing her.

I often wonder how I would feel about him if he had killed her. I just don't know.

What I would say is that dogs are dogs and NOT humans, to pts for something which happened in your absence would not be fair. OTOH if you or your OH feel you can no longer live with him then I would try and rehome him. Unfortunately tragedies do happen with groups of dogs, no ones 'fault'.

Don't rush into anything, give yourself time to grieve and try and step back a bit. He doesn't know what he did was 'wrong'.

Thoughts to you all.

rune
All I can do is echo what Rune said.
Hugs and Sloppery kisses (from the dogs) are with you though, as is Bessie in our thoughts.

x x x
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »