View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 04:54 PM
The most lethal dog I have ever met was Siberian Husky, no doubting he was evil, not his upbringing, him! Some breeds are predisposed to being more of a problem than others, big dogs cause more problems because they are just that, BIG! Shepherds chase and snap, Dobes charge and mouth off, Staffs dont need much of an invite to fight, smaller Terriers bark a lot because that is what they are predisposed to do, BARK and SNAP!

Golden Retrievers and Labradors are becoming increasingly bad tempered, the Golden particularly, they are among the worst types to attack in kennels without provokation.
Dawn.
Leslie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2006, 07:06 PM
I have but one thing to say... there is no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad
owner. You get out of a dog what you put into it.

My dog is the sweetest, smartest, most affectionate dog and that is because
I'm always hugging and kissing her (so much that she gets annoyed) and
telling her how wonderful she is. In my opinion, that's the key to having
a happy dog.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 07:40 PM
what do you mean staffs dont need an invite to fight ??? you should come meet my ella she is the most loving . doating dog , great with the kids [ even lucie holds her lead and she is 5 ] there not all vicious !!! as for the other breeds i cant answer but that was a bit harsh
Leslie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2006, 07:51 PM
An afterthought... A couple of months ago I was out walking my dog. She
had ventured up on somebody's yard and was just sniffing around. Before I
knew it, the woman who owned the house released her dog and told him to
get my dog. Her dog made a beeline for my dog and jumped on her, growling
and barking. The dog was downright vicious. You want to know what
kind of a dog it was? Golden Retriever. They're normally very sweet and
friendly dogs. The owner of this dog is known throughout her neighborhood
as a psycho b----, and she's very nasty. That just supports my theory
that there is no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
what do you mean staffs dont need an invite to fight ??? you should come meet my ella she is the most loving . doating dog , great with the kids [ even lucie holds her lead and she is 5 ] there not all vicious !!! as for the other breeds i cant answer but that was a bit harsh
Well Staffs were bred for fighting, there are not many that would back down if challenged, thats what I mean, a breeds predisposed characteristic. Its not meant as a slur.
Dawn.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Well Staffs were bred for fighting, there are not many that would back down if challenged, thats what I mean, a breeds predisposed characteristic. Its not meant as a slur.
Dawn.
This is very true Dawn.Abe my old Rottie was soft as grease,but given the chance-would have serioulsy hurt an intruder.He loved meeting people who i allowed in the house,but also took the role of security very seriously.
deedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Dawn.
thats the type of ignorant attitude i was chatting about in the first place. if you do some research on staffordshire bull terriers you will find they were bred from fighting dogs(olde english bulldogges/bull & terrier)for vermin control and companionship. staffords are far removed from fighting breeds.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Deede there is no need to start being nasty now is there! What could possibly be ignorant about knowing what different breeds' characteristics are? I think its you that is ignorant and on your high horse, you need to step down and look at it from other peoples points of view too! What makes you think that Staffs are "far removed " from fighting dogs? Have you been to a dog show lately and seen them? because I'll tell you this, many are VERY ready to fight and you dont see any inclination to curb it either!!
Dawn.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by deedee
thats the type of ignorant attitude i was chatting about in the first place. if you do some research on staffordshire bull terriers you will find they were bred from fighting dogs(olde english bulldogges/bull & terrier)for vermin control and companionship. staffords are far removed from fighting breeds.
I don't mean to be offensive here but you must be aware that that statement is not true? It wasn't so long ago that dog fights occured regularly and we all know Staffies were involved!

Now personally I think aggresiveness in a dog has little to do with size (like you say) but more to do with incapable owners obtaining a breed with little knowledge of their original purpose. My dogs, more recently especially, have been attacked more by those dogs with a high "working" need than one of a particular size. Even so I try my best not to judge a dog of the same breed, even though they make me nervous, as like you say it's generally the owners that are the problem not the dogs. Some things will never change I guess?
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:27 AM
totally agree! where i live there are many 'rough' people who teach their dog to be aggressive as a mcho thing! and in the area everytime i walk buster young lads and kids say 'does he bite' at first i used to say of course not but now i just say 'he will iof u touch me' which is true because buster is not aggresive in the slightest he is 2 dopey but if anyone ever attacked me i know he would protect me.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >