Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Waiting for me are:-

Tibby - tortouse shell queen - killed by a whippet, she was 20 years old.

Scotty - a Tabby stray - used to live in a mine, she reached 19 - Cancer

Snowball - Tabby, daughter of Scotty, she was 18 when had her PTS - Cancer

Womble (flump) she was a Burmese ragdoll - she reached the age of 18, daughter of Snowball

Gypsy - a rescue cat, she reached age of 18 last year, I think she had cancer.

Glen - Border Collie - reached age of 16 - had cancer.

Shep - Border Collie - reached age of 15 - had valve defect and finally cancer.

and a few guinea pigs, hamsters and a bird.

Ian
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Favourites Lass (collie) Ena (scotty) Bunty (airdale) Misty (lakeland) Wicca,Thomas T,Basty, Print (cats) Gilbert and Sullivan (siamese) Bunny,Fran,Flicka,Emma,Matty,Marta,Milly,Ross, Biddy ,Brough,Tilly (schnauzers) mermaid (cairn) Bobby, Carry, Lucy, Rolly, Jay, Tessa, Kelly, Roddy, (cockers) Abi (donkey) Speedy (tortoise) and many more..
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 08:38 AM
I have Lady my Cavalier who died in 1995 aged 11 years, also Pepe our poodle that died at the age of 13 years way back in 1970!

Plus our babies that we lost Christmas 2004 3 days old
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm with SB on this, the Rainbow Bridge is a fine idea, but...........

Glen, Border Collie, 1951?? - 1969, rescued from a freezing river
Sally, Cocker Spaniel, 15
Donna, Cocker Spaniel, daughter of Sally, 15
Chota, Cocker Spaniel, daughter of Sally, actually my aunt's girl, 14
Tina, Cocker Spaniel, rescue, about 15??
Joseph, black and white cat, age uncertain, just went out and didn't come back, probably aged about 15

And friends' dogs who were great pals:

Muttley, "Heinz 57", 22
Caspar, white boxer, 13
Maxie, Cocker Spaniel, re-homed and history not known
And never to forget Toss and Ceilidh, Kali's parents!

One of the reasons that I don't subscribe to any organised religion is that they say dogs have no souls. They've never looked into a dog's eyes.........

Snorri
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 05:16 PM
i now have Indie waiting for me
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I have cats;
Smokey and Tiger – 1970 - 1974/5 cats of my childhood. Mother and son, beautiful ½ Persian Smokey and her ginger son Tiger. Smokey died hit by a car and Tiger was PTS shortly after, sustaining injuries we believed by a dog attack but could not confirm.
Archie My first “own” cat B&W he adored playing with conkers in front of the fire. He was killed by a car aged 10 months.
I have dogs;
Prince - 1976 - 1976SBT rescue PTS because he just could not cope with life, he loved children but was frightened to death by men - he was rescued from people who used to fight dogs he was a "tester" we were told used to goad other dogs on to fight. He had a happy (as much as he ever could) 9 months with us as kids before he was finally PTS because even after 9 months he would still only crawl on his belly in the presence of any man. So badly treated had he been. So scared of life was he, plus he had a ruptured kidney from a forceful kick/punch to his kidneys.
He was a lovely dog, but in his mind he was never free of his past life being hit, kicked, punched, whipped whatever. He was approx 4 when PTS.
Sam 1977- 1993 my first real contact with Staffs, we got him at 7 weeks 5 days and he stayed till he was 16 years 4 months a better dog has yet to be born. A collector of traffic cones.
Gypsy, 1978 -1993 the dog who taught me the meaning of Stafford spirit. As gentle as a lamb with children, as soft as melted ice-cream with people. With other animals apart from her beloved Sam she could be a devil. She came at 8 weeks when the daffodils bloomed and spent 15 more springs playing in sun with Sam – true soul mates to the end. They were PTS on the same day – I smile still to remember them. A tree trunk between them, tails wagging, almost saying “Hello where you been?”
Gyp. 1993-2002. From stomach cancer. My beloved Hippo, Gippo the hippo the Hippo because as a pup she lay in the paddling pool with just her nose showing, that first hot summer she came. The name Gypsy they shared but the place in our hearts is hers alone. Gyp was like her namesake a devil with other animals, one to watch when dogs barked at her she ignored them but come to close and they would know she meant business. But with us and the cats she was an angel – Jack (my nephew) took some of his first unsteady steps holding her collar. She pinned two grown men to the fence in the back garden for daring to ruffle his hair – he was hers to watch over. She knew before the Doctors that he was special. She watched nose on paws, lying as only a Staffie can on the kitchen floor as he lined her beloved shape biscuits up in color order. She pulled the girls up the hill on their skates, she saw the new century in, as always enjoying the fireworks but more so the hotdogs, and baked potatoe skins . We lost her too soon and our hearts broke. She was the Hippo.
Karen
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 08:51 PM
i have ben a golden retriever i got when i was 6 and amber another golden i got when i was 7 also a rescue gsd called sade who was great fun and gemma a little black lab cross with something and she was a sweet rescue we had! oh and chloe a beautiful little tabby cat
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Snorri, I totally agree with you. A dog has got a soul. IMHO

Ian
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I Have Lost Five Cavaliers

Butch He Was 9 Years Tammy She Was 10 Years

Tara Was 15 Years Chelsea She Was 7 Years And Lucy This Year She Was 7 Years To. And I Miss Them All.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:18 PM
I have..bully & Teri...staffies.
Minouska..siamese
Sam..siamese
Toby..tabby cat
Benji..Tabby cat.
Sophie..black cat a.nd a couple of budgies....custard and sunny...
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »