View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Well things are getting better still. My car decided to work for me this morning and got me over to my mums and back. In fact it drove like a dream. now all i need is for the repair man to be able to fix my washing machine tomorrow morning and i will be one very happy Bev .

Jenny I don't see a lot of my sons probably about once a month. They had come over this way last night for a meal so called in on their way home. it was really nice to see them as its been very quiet here.
I expect when I move I will see even less of them as I will be much further away, but a whole new social life will open up for me as i will be close to my sister so we can have some nights out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Well done to your car, maybe the day off yesterday made it feel better and able to carry on after all
Let me know about the insurance and washer as am very interested in that one
Like you say once you do move you will be nearer your sister at least
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Morning folks,

I'm just up I was reading till 2.30..oops.

Malka, lovely to see you back on this morning. More importantly was your knight in shining armour good looking?

Helena, hope everything goes smoothly today and there are no boiler disasters

Lynn, I hope you managed to get a sleep at some point through the day. Dillon is a very norty boy for keeping you up like that.

Well we are hitting Inverness this afternoon, going to go have a look in Go Outdoors and then perhaps hit town and after that go cricket shopping for the boys.

Or at least we will be when I get dressed, look human and feed the lads. Hope you all have a lovely day.

In addition, taking my cousin to Belladrum, he couldn't get through so said I'd take him
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Poor you Malka but you were probably a lot more embarrassed that your knight in shining armour was At least you managed to get out and that will hopefully stave off some of your 'cabin-fever' until your ramp/kerb stones can be finished properly.

I'm waiting for a call back from the vet (doing surgery at the moment) who saw Flash twice this week just to reassure me that its not a problem that he still hasn't been to the loo. I just need to know 'when' it will be classed at a problem what with the weekend ahead of us. He seems absolutely fine today and came out on a 20 mins walk earlier.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm sure he'll be fine, after scaring you and all of us half to death of course, does he like bananas at all, that may make him go.
I got a load of broccoli once from the man on the market and I had a juicer I used to puree veg up in. I used loads of this broccoli in it, just not realising what I had done, until Lona presented me with the most vile mess ever, I was really worried about what had caused it, she had young puppies at the time only a few days old. I was on the phone to my breeder having a panic, and she said what was it like, what did it smell like, and I knew once she said that what it was, because it smelt like really bad broccoli and I said OMG and told her about pureeing it all, and she said that'll do the job every time of course it went through her milk to the puppies so a very tense (and smelly) 48 hours.
That may be worth a try though if all else fails
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I should have known things were going to well. On the way to mums this morning I heard a stone fly up and hit my windscreen and heard another on the way back. I never took too much notice as I was so pleased my car was running so well.
Anyway just went out to go go off to the post office in it and noticed 2 nice biggish chips one with cracks running from it on the passenger side.
So have phoned the insurance company and its going to be repaired on Tuesday morning. Luckily for a repair its only £10 excess.
Luckily I have a good sense of humour and have laughed about all the things that have gone wrong in August so far and its only the 2nd today .
I mean we can all get a crack on the windscreen on a journey but to get two in one morning. Only me only me!

Malka sending you some hugs Really felt for you, it couldn't have been nice.
Jenny hope flash soon goes to the loo. He may have completely emptied himself out while ill and it is taking a few days to make enough waste to eliminate or perhaps the medication he is on is constipating him. Hope it resolves soon without another trip to the vet.

June will let you know how tomorrow goes with the washer.

GB hope you feel a bit brighter soon and that trapped nerve untraps itself.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Talking of Knights In Shining Armour. Had just come off the river and was walking down the road leading up to the mill when I could see someone on the corner on the left.
Parked on the right near some derelict overgrown garages was a VERY classy merc sports convertable, personal reg etc, very very shiny and clean.
I was sort of craning my neck to see if the someone had a dog with them, and then the person materialised into a man holding some paperwork. Immediately he came over and was asking about the girls. I said best not let them near you we've been swimming and having a paddle, I was looking my absolute best of course, hair pulled into a plait and then tucked under a straw sunhat, grubby shorts and t shirt, mud up my legs where I had scrambled up the banking, you get the picture, in short the Local Wild Woman
So he was laughing about that and I said I won't let them even look at your car, promise. So we were chatting and he has bought the land and is building on it. I said ah what a shame, and he said well its a mess, I said I know but every bit of land round here that can be is being built on and its only a tiny village with a tiny school and limited access. He said you wanna buy one, and I said no thanks I have one, built 1898!!! Then he showed me the plans and pointed to the houses that were built around 20 odd years ago and said it'll be similar to those and I promise I'lll keep the hedges and trees. I said, I'm showing my age now, but I remember when that was the Village Social Club and I used to take my sons ponies there to do pony rides on a Sunday, he said well I was one of them building the motorway and I went oooh you may well be one of those unusual people thats older than me.
So nice little social interlude for me, I never get to talk to nice strangers he was lovely, if someone has got to build some houses there, I would rather it was a nice person with a bit of heart instead of all wallet.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
OK so I was 99% certain I could get out, but I was also 99% certain I would not be able to get back. Dunno about a knight in shining armour, he was a truck [big truck] driver. Nice man who saw me get down on the ground and realised I was stuck so immediately stopped and came over to help. I had to try to explain that I had switched off the motors so Xanadu could be pushed, and then did the butt shuffle until I could get to Xanadu and switch on the motors so he was stopped and I could get back on.

Being lifted because, oh well, because.

Anyhoo, I hope Flash has done a decent poo - what a life is this where we live for our dogs doing poos?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
TW,Merc Man sounded nice!! Showing you plans for houses eh? I'm sure you looked delightful
GB,hope spending a little time with those puppies has put you in good form neck problem sound like an ouch(hugs))
Going from thunder storms,heavy rain to warm and sunny,wish it would make up its mind!!
Hope flash is o.k JENNY G
Looking forward to hearing "WE FOUND OUR NEW HOME"!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
MALKA I know its hard not to feel but he sounded like a really good person.I' m sure he didn't care about anything apart from the fact he wanted to help.Maddens me to think that you were put in that position in the first place Hope the rest of your day has been good so far
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »