View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Its so predictable though, bull-breeds, dobies, rotties - i must say i have met all of the above and have never met a nasty one yet. My sister in law had rotties and she reckons they were as daft as brushes. Its just sad that because of a minority of owners using them as status symbols and apparently the gangs in London are using them as deterrents against rival gangs and trying to out do each other with the nastiest dogs, because of this these breeds are all tarred with the same brush.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Cesars top ten most aggresive dogs . He is more aggresive than the lot of them put together.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 12:13 PM
If we are talking about perception then most of the other dog owners I know are more wary of Staffies and Staffy crosses than any other breed type. Don't get many Rotties or Chows around here.

In my (admittedly only 4 years) experience the breed most likely to kick off with other dogs is Jack Russels and Parson Russels and I am in the fortunate position (long may it last) of never seeing a dog being aggressive towards a person.

J.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I dont have a top ten of nastys,

my view as an owner and trainer is, lots of dogs can and do bite.
its not set by breed.

my rotties are cowards btw.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
It was interesting just now watching the 2 dogs that had won their group at Crufts - a Cardigan Corgi and a Rottweiller. The Corgi was wanting to have a pop at the Rottweiller so the owner had to keep at a distance! You can imagine the coverage that would have got had it been the other way round!!

However, I am wary of certain breeds because of my experience with some of the numpty no-brain owners they can attract!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
It was interesting just now watching the 2 dogs that had won their group at Crufts - a Cardigan Corgi and a Rottweiller. The Corgi was wanting to have a pop at the Rottweiller so the owner had to keep at a distance! You can imagine the coverage that would have got had it been the other way round!!

However, I am wary of certain breeds because of my experience with some of the numpty no-brain owners they can attract!
poor rottie, my vinnie would have needed his soother to get over that

I can hand on heart say, rotties are brill dogs if you put the effort into them.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
numero uno - the dangerous dog handler....
well said! i agree!
dogbuddy
New Member!
Female 

16-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Agreed too! Some owners are sooo scary!
very much agree to that...
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3