View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
when i lost my last staffy a few months ago....i swore i would never get another because i could not bear the pain of the loss of my 2nd staffy...her mum passed 15 months before that,

But the house felt sooo empty without my dog being there to welcome me home...listen to my woes...except my faults and still love me no matter what...anyway...a few weeks passed by..and the aching i had to have another loyal friend was over whelming...thats when we got our boys...and although they are very different ....not to mention i always had girl...wasnt sure i was ready for the thingyme jiggs popping out....i adore them...the house feels as it should...and only a dog lover can understand that feeling...

my sister says i was mental to have more dogs after what i payed for my other 2 when they was ill (would do it again in a heart beat)
plus she says dogs stinks...and they take all your money....which is true...but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!!
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
infact i think i would sell my sister to pay the bills if needs be
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Whats the saying?

"Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole" Pretty much sums it up.
Perfectly sums it up for me!
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Whats the saying?

"Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole" Pretty much sums it up.
My husband recently had a brain hemmorage, he was rushed to Edinburgh hospital for an emergency op, the dogs were split between the family during this time, it was not easy for any of us. My husband is now home and as poorly as he is the first thing he wanted was the dogs all back home under one roof. We are family.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
My husband recently had a brain hemmorage, he was rushed to Edinburgh hospital for an emergency op, the dogs were split between the family during this time, it was not easy for any of us. My husband is now home and as poorly as he is the first thing he wanted was the dogs all back home under one roof. We are family.
How moving is that!!!! All the best.xxxx

I'd like to think they're not my whole life, BUT, having said that, they seem to rule it for both of us actually. LIke somebody else has said, whenever we want to do anything, our first consideration is "can we take the dogs" or "who will come and look after the dogs", and if neither of those questions are answered, then we're stuck at home again, and that's our life, sadly! Wouldn't have it any other way, so I suppose they are our lives.

I took my friend somewhere once, and we actually sat down and had a coffee which is a rarity for me, coz I always seem to want to rush back home to take my dogs out again and she said to me, that they will be fine for 5 or more hours, and I should get out for the whole DAY more often instead of just half a morning, but I just don't want it, I want to have my little routine, and that is being with my dogs again. God this sounds really bad, I really must get a life someday ...... if and when they'll let me of course
bullylurchers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Just what a few others have said, they aren't my whole life but they most certainly make my life whole!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
My dogs are my world... It is unlikely that I could ever get pregnant again, so they are my babies in effect. I hate being away from them, I won't go on holiday unless they are with me, I think about them when I am out and about and feel lost without a lead in my hand!!
I am not myself at the moment, knowing that two are having major operations in just 2 weeks... I could function without them, but they make life (for me) so much more fun and happy... I just hope Jamie and Codee make these ops and forgive me for the pain they will go through...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
Hope he is feeling better now, best wishes to him.
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Definitely.Scarlett has made my life whole - I wouldn't be without her.She's my true friend and my baby in one

Liz - I'm sorry to hear that.I hope he's ok now

x
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you Dawn & Lilly, improvements are gradual & slow but we are getting there with the support of friends & family helping out with the dogs. The dogs i feel are also very aware of the circumstances as they are very gentle around him and not so demanding of attention as they were, i do feel guilty they are not getting the time and attention they did prior to the hemmorage but things change in family's and you pull together & adapt. Thanks for thinking of us
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >