cause its the internet

and forums are just the new tabloids.

it is what it is
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I always believe everything i read!! And then if I find something out i am really disapointed and feel silly.
I'm so with you there! I think it's because we're not afraid to show/be who we are irl online.

What bothers me is not just the lies, that's their problem, but the bravado people seem to take on. I think there is a lot more front than there would be irl when people feel they can hide behind a computer. Very sad to be like that anyway, but even more sad to be someone you're not irl, in the virtual world.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I am waiting for someone to head over here, I am so envious of all these meet ups of Dogsey people, want to kidnap so many doglets and their owners
If only we'd met 5 years ago!!! xx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
What do you think ?

I'm on about on the internet,I was reading a few posts last week and certain things stood out for me,so did more research,sad I know LOL but I was bored!

Anyway I was gobsmacked,all over the net was one lie after another,
Yet on forums they expect to be taken seriously,I just wondered what makes people do this sort of thing ?
lmao Sal, You know i have noticed it many a times to, i dont get the point in lying!
If people need to lie, then they know something is wrong in what there doing, or there that sad they need to 'big' them self up to a forum/net full of strangers! quite sad to be honest!

I have noticed breeders lying on forums .. I dont get the point myself it only bites ya back in the bum when some one that knows different questions them...and i love nothing more than being the one to question!!

Then there is the typical forum member that wants others to think they have more experience with certain things than they actually do..why they would do that i will never know!

Im me and couldnt 'fake' to be anyone else, if some one doesnt like me in the real world or on forums, well really im not bothered!!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I would be hopeless at lying on forums because I would forget what I had said

I don't tend to be suspicious of people on forums until I start to notice small mistakes in stuff they say. I had my doubts about someone on another forum because alot of the things they said didn't add up and eventually they posted saying they had lied about everything.

I really don't understand people who post offering advice on animals asif they know it all but really they just want look the best. Some of the info could be misleading/untrue and put an animals life in danger.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I wish I could lie sometimes especially in real life, when people look absolutly dreadful in something and then ask my opinion, my mouth just opens and tells them it doesn't look good. You won't believe how many friends I've lost over the years for being honest.
Anyway folks I'm off to the Bahamas next week with Johnny Depp and then we are popping over to the Maldives before finishing in Barbados, just while my mansion is being finished off you understand.

(In my dreams of course)
Bet you all believed me though
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I wish I could lie sometimes especially in real life, when people look absolutly dreadful in something and then ask my opinion, my mouth just opens and tells them it doesn't look good. You won't believe how many friends I've lost over the years for being honest.
Anyway folks I'm off to the Bahamas next week with Johnny Depp and then we are popping over to the Maldives before finishing in Barbados, just while my mansion is being finished off you understand.

(In my dreams of course)
what a load of nonsense! Johnny is with me next week! Must go, I've got Kylie coming round in a bit and need to clean the pool.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
If only we'd met 5 years ago!!! xx
It would have been trouble

Originally Posted by madmare View Post

(In my dreams of course)
Bev, how could you lie like that
Johnny Depp is my husband, oh wait? yes we did send you an invite to the Bahamas see you next week

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
what a load of nonsense! Johnny is with me next week! Must go, I've got Kylie coming round in a bit and need to clean the pool.
Oh dear did I double book
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh i understand now, folk who exaggerate & spoof. Think theyre commonly known as "trolls" on some forums. Then you get ones who quote word for word out of text books. Or paste link after link to prove their point. Well, if it makes them happy, let them get on with it. Most times you can pick them out a mile off!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Oh i understand now, folk who exaggerate & spoof. Think theyre commonly known as "trolls" on some forums. Then you get ones who quote word for word out of text books. Or paste link after link to prove their point. Well, if it makes them happy, let them get on with it. Most times you can pick them out a mile off!!
ts the bloody Copy & pasters that get me the most. The exaggeraters make me laugh.

Both can generally be spotted & will trip themselves up!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >