Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
Must keep us all posted when it arrives!!
sure will trish....cant wait now....might get my arms back....
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 07:59 AM
had a much better walk last night with sam . walked bronte first then came back and took sam. walked him round the garden a few times and got him to pay attention to me!! then walked him out the gate...he didnt even shoot out past me . actually walked to the field (took us half an hour...normally takes 5 mins!), then i walked him back. was using stop/start...changing direction and variations of both! so, so far so good
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Well done you and Sam That is the right way to go about it. It will take time, and you may have setbacks but, with patience and consitency, you will get there and walks will be a pleasure for both of you
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Well done you and Sam That is the right way to go about it. It will take time, and you may have setbacks but, with patience and consitency, you will get there and walks will be a pleasure for both of you
thanks very much SB! i did feel alot better last night. i know its going to be hard work...but i think it will be worth it . i have ordered another harness though...just for the morning walk, so i can cheat a little bit
Meg
Supervisor

18-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by springergirl
had a much better walk last night with sam . walked bronte first then came back and took sam. walked him round the garden a few times and got him to pay attention to me!! then walked him out the gate...he didnt even shoot out past me . actually walked to the field (took us half an hour...normally takes 5 mins!), then i walked him back. was using stop/start...changing direction and variations of both! so, so far so good
Well done both as SB says there will be setbacks but thats a good start
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2006, 10:15 AM
well got my stop-pull harness the other day...and he pulls more with that than a normal collar!!! so back to the drawing board .
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

24-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Depending on their design harnesses can encourage pulling. Have a chat to Dani (Brundog) about the Walkezee and how she uses a double-ended lead with it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3