Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Carternm31
Ok you guys are scaring me now....
sorry. it was i 1 in 1000 thing to happen but i am not very lucky. just think of all the worrie free se* you will have and it will make you fell better!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Thought I would put my bit in here, although I don't like talking about this subject, or sex (just not my thing!).

I hate having those things, I don't even like saying the word peroid (yuck) I don't know why, but I have always felt like this. I am not butch or anything either, but do lots of activities that these things (I bet your all laughing at me now) ovbiously get in thw way of. They used to be heavy and painful, and I needed to be near the toilet like every hour. Which is just not good. So I looked into what I should do about it and spoke to the doctors (which is difficult for someone who doesn't like to talk about it)
They recommended the implant or injection, but couldn't guarantee that the peroids would stop, which is no use. (Plus I don't like the fact that there is a huge input at the start, and then it gradually decreases over time, this can't be good for you can it?) The only real option was to get my bits all cut out (must mention here that I have never ever felt the need for kids, infact just thinking about it makes me sick...) anyway I am 'only' 24 and apparently too young to make this descion, so I would have to get it done privatley (£2000, even looked into it!) but it would take away the hormones that make me girly and I would probably grow chin hair and more muscle (although I wouldn't mind more muscle, thick stubble is not such a nice idea)

Anyway it came to my mind that there are people out there that have sickle cell anemia (their bllod doesn't clot like ours) so what do they do, potentially they could die from a period. They are on the pill long term, no breaks. So guess what I do...
It's wonderful, and i have had no side effects (almost three years now, no periods) except my doctor thinks I am mad and need a break to feel 'womanly'. Err no. There is no medical reason for me to have a 'break' and I feel fine on it, so where is the harm? The problem is that for the average person there is a chance that you might stay infertile forever, but that is the very very least of my worries.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Well i am quite lucky as in i stopped having periods right from the start of having the injection 3 years ago. I stopped haveing the injection in december (periods still havn't come back) been having the PMT bit though

And it is more than likely that the periods will not come back untill after the implant is out. So another 3 years of not worrying! Its a risk you take though, my friend had the injection and bled for 2 months
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3