View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

08-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
I was told tomatoes and raw potatoes as they are part of the nightshade family.
Tomatoes aren`t poisonous, nor are spuds. They`re not recommended if dogs are arthritic, just as in people
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

08-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I have always read it is only the green part (plant) of the tomato (not the fruit), and only green parts of potatoes
Yep thats right H
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Are Chicken bones on this list? My dog goes crazy for them and all the Turkish people over here feed them chicken bones and it has never caused any problems?
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by benimseker View Post
Are Chicken bones on this list? My dog goes crazy for them and all the Turkish people over here feed them chicken bones and it has never caused any problems?
Chicken bones are great for dogs (MUST BE FED RAW) if they are cooked they are very dangerous..
Tan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Here's a useful bit of info for the Christmas season as to what's not very good to feed. I guess we're all a bit guilty of feeding inappropriate titbits over Christmas!
http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk...s_and_pets.htm
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Chicken bones are great for dogs (MUST BE FED RAW) if they are cooked they are very dangerous..
Do you know why this is? thats very bad as i have always cooked the chicken on the bone??
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by benimseker View Post
Do you know why this is? thats very bad as i have always cooked the chicken on the bone??
The reason cooked bones are dangerous is they splinter and can damage the dogs internal organs but raw bones are much safer they are not as brittle
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will bear that in mind next time!
Dawg
New Member!
Male 

04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Further to the information on rosemary oil, I have tried to gather more data and the only contra-indication/side effect of Rosemary Oil I could find was in The American Entomologist which found that some dogs got some mild skin irritation when pure Rosemary oil was put directly onto the skin.
Some of the references given above, esp. Protecting your Pet, which lumps Vitamin D in with "Chemicals that cause convulsions" need that old pinch of salt I think.
I would be very interested in any references to adverse effects of Rosemary oil as I use it for our treats.
06dcc.brigdenh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I have no idea why a dog food needs to contain avacado, but avacados ARE known to be dangerous to dogs.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >