Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just seen some of the news and sadly sign of the times armed police in Lewes tomorrow at the bonfire fireworks display. Very sad.
Hi Brenda, oh how I so agree. The young have always laughed at their elders when talking about 'the good old days' and sometimes their laughter may be justified.

But NOT IN THIS CASE how can it be better to have armed Police patroling what has for hundreds of years been a simple tradition and where it wasn't even necessary to have a Police presence, let alone an armed one.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Very sad losos. June you watching the chase?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I thought those two may win, they were really good.
Back from shopping it was like walking into the tropics, house is like a sauna, fire's only been lit a few hours. Had to let it die down a bit
Right, girls have got meaty dinosaur bones for tea, and I've got to get their beds done, bring the bin in and get them tucked up
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Yes thought they might but I am pleased Harry didn't get through. Never think they should take minuses.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Good evening everyone.
So glad to read that Dex has done his deed and June's soot is safely shifted. Everyone else has their bonfire outside seems June is having hers indoors! lol !
Bad do that armed police malarkey - particularly at a simple thing like a bonfire.
Hope that the encouraging words from our members has reassured Moyra and lifted her spirits - always nice to be needed.
Pleased to see our Nippy popping on for a wee while - good to hear from our English Riviera Correspondent. Likewise the news and views fron Oop North of the Border where Bumblesnout and her intrepid muppets guard our northern extremities!
Back later folks - hope there is minimal firework disturbance for your 4 legged friends, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Heard some fireworks before, but only a couple. The goings on by the church late the other night were nipped in the bud by someone nearby and faces were recognised and mums and dads told, silence since then We have a bonfire at one pub tomorrow and another the following week, so thats enough to satisfy any cravings for fireworks, surely. Horses, cattle and sheep not that far away, plus most people have dogs, some have cats as well, and its a more or less unanimous decision to stop them being let off all over the place at whatever time of day or night they please.
Hoping you're OK up there Norma, very wet here, and you seem to get more of it than we do, so you probably have waders and a sou'wester on by now
I agree,Brenda, I can see it was a case of an extra body to answer questions, but the sum of money wasn't vast to start with
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Just seen a trailer for Fantastic Beasts. Have booked to see it soon. Oops corrie on.Tyto by my side cos of fireworks. Bfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Ahhhhh feckin cat, he now has diahorrea lol...been and fetched his new fibre stuff and he has at least attempted to eat it. Took the dogs for their walk with the fireworks going off....not really all that fussed thankfully, few grumbles in the house but they were pretty much o.k
LG, i do love your posts, they don't half make me smile, you give me some great images in my mind
Brenda, i agree, i don't ever think they should take the minus
TW, pleased to hear your house is scorchio
Hi ya Harvey...how goes the man cave??
got a birthday card off my friend today, she had passed it to another friend who had only just seen me today, so lovely of her, she is the lady whose kids i gave trainers and money too last week, she can barely afford to feed the kids let alone get me a card
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
its a more or less unanimous decision to stop them being let off all over the place at whatever time of day or night they please.
As I said before that is good, shows there is some 'community' spirit where you are, good that those who didn't follow the consensus were identified and parents told, let us hope it's a lesson for them.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi ya Harvey...how goes the man cave??
got a birthday card off my friend today, so lovely of her, she is the lady whose kids i gave trainers and money too last week, she can barely afford to feed the kids let alone get me a card
'man cave' ongoing Don't yet have heating in there so progress will slow down until next Spring.

You have some really good friends around you up there.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Don't blame you Harvey...a man cave MUST be warm lol. You are right, I do have some good friends, only known her about 4 months but she is lovely...she has a lot of problems but a heart of gold. She said tonight I was an amazing person...how lovely of her
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >