View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Has anyone here ever ordered the solar fan that hooks on the window to cool your car?? I just wondered if they worked, my car has leather and it burns my legs and arms every darn time and mi mi cant even lay in a seat she has to lay on me until my air gets going, which takes forever!

I seen the Ad on TV some time ago, but I didnt order because Im the one who falls for everything, I thought Id wait to see if they worked.

Plus, I hope I never see a dog in a hot car, Id go to jail because it wouldn't be in there long with me around. but heck, some people are in jail for leaving there children to die in a car, so nothing surprises me with this world anymore.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by chihuahualover View Post
Has anyone here ever ordered the solar fan that hooks on the window to cool your car?? I just wondered if they worked, my car has leather and it burns my legs and arms every darn time and mi mi cant even lay in a seat she has to lay on me until my air gets going, which takes forever!

I seen the Ad on TV some time ago, but I didnt order because Im the one who falls for everything, I thought Id wait to see if they worked.

Plus, I hope I never see a dog in a hot car, Id go to jail because it wouldn't be in there long with me around. but heck, some people are in jail for leaving there children to die in a car, so nothing surprises me with this world anymore.
I was given two when I had a car with window frames(Imprezas don't have window frames)& TBH they were a waste of space. I've got battery operated fans now(all 7 of them)& they are much more effective
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
my dog loves to come with me where ever i go even in this heat but i always have a bottle of water with a sports lid so she can have a drink, she drinks it like a baby would with a bottle i get flaked out before she does
ATDxxx
ace
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by chihuahualover View Post
I agree- I wouldn't think twice about breaking into someones car to remove a dog in distress.

Mine go out first thing in the morning (5.30ish), and then late evening at this time of year. I have fans, sunshades & windowsox in the car (and always have water with me), but try to not take them in the car when it is really hot anyway.

Rachael
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:45 PM
My dogs would have loved to have come with me rather than stay at home, but I am not willing to risk thier wellbeing and maybe even thier life by attempting it.
They always get thier 2 walks a day, even in torrential rain but in this extreme heat its just a short walk in the morning about 6am and then no more. They plague me for another but its far too hot even now at 7.45pm and this is not a safe area for a woman to be out walking her dog alone in the evenings, especially as I have to take Shady to the quieter, lonely parts where she won't get stressed by other dogs and young children.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
windowsox
Thanks for that they look great for dogs and children
but not available yet for my model of car! Where do you get crate fans from?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:53 PM
This is what I hate about this weather, people seem to think their dogs will love a good run about in the scorching sun.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Thanks for that they look great for dogs and children
but not available yet for my model of car! Where do you get crate fans from?

Crate fan or Crate fan(at the bottom of the page) or Crate fan or Crate fan or Crate fan or Crate fan

:smt002 :smt002 :smt002
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
i see this cool thing that you attach a bottle of water to & it falls into a drinkin bit for the dog!
We use these for Max & they are quite good. The slight downside is that, imo, they could do with being slightly wider, but that's only 'cause Max's head is so big! Also the idea is that you squeeze them and the water runs into the tray. We tend to unscrew the bottle and pour it in as Max drinks faster than the water gets squeezed out. They probably work better if you don't have a dog with a huge head but on the whole I think they are very useful! Add them on to your shopping list MistyBlue!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Crate fan or Crate fan(at the bottom of the page) or Crate fan or Crate fan or Crate fan or Crate fan

:smt002 :smt002 :smt002

Oh dear this could get expensive seen other things i want too!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >