Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That would be worrying. What are the Laws regarding dogs out of control or biting people where you are, Malka? Do you think this man may try and claim money? I hope nothing else comes of this.

ETA: I know Pereg was not out of control and did not bite anyone.
The laws are that dogs are not permitted to wander around loose.

The laws are that dogs must wear a collar with a tag with the ID number of the owner.

The laws are that dogs must have a yearly rabies shot, registered with the Ministry of Agriculture under the ID number of the owner.

The facts are that the greater majority of people do not bother, and that on the Moshav where I live, according to our Local Authority vet, who gives the rabies shots [and who microchipped both Little One and Pereg - without charge] - most people do not even bother with the mandatory yearly rabies shots.

There will not be any problem regarding Pereg and that girl - Pereg did not get anywhere near her - and the funniest thing of the lot, thinking back, was when the man asked if the dog was healthy - and my instant reaction was to say No, she is epileptic! But I though better of it in case he thought spilepsy was contagious!

Pereg wears a collar [an Ezydog] one all the time, day and night, and it has two tags on it - giving full details of her medical condition, my name, ID number, phone numbers, Vet phone numbers. During the day she wears an EzyDog QuickFit harness with another Epilepsy tag and a round Identitag tag on it.

Actually Pereg has two sets of Ezydog collars and harnesses, plus a similar style set from the US - and she has tags on all collars and all harnesses.

And of course her microchip is registered to my ID number.

Yesterday my lovely do-all and-do-it-well friend Nir turned up with his son to do some work here. He lives in Sderot which is so close to the troubles that makes me feel safe in comparison. A few months back his spayed, fully inoculated and microchipped Labrador ran off during a bad evening lot of nasties. She was not found - she did not end up at the Pound - there has not been any trace of her. So many dogs from there have either run off due to fright or have been left when the people living there have left.

Pereg loves him and he loves her - and he is just so happy that she is not scared of the warning sirens as his girl was. But he misses his girl so much and has never been able to find what happened to her.

So the next person who mentions about Pereg being tethered when she is outside, know what they can do.

My girl is safe and she is safe towards everyone else.

And I love her.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 03:03 PM
That must be a huge relief to know the bloke hasn't a leg to stand on then, even if he wanted to.

Such a shame about Nir's dog That would be one of my worst nightmares
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I was advised a long time ago by a barrister & a solicitor that the"Beware of the Dog"signs were legally an admission of the fact that the dog(s)are a danger, so not a warning.

My gate signs are quite clear"Caution. Dogs running Free. Do Not Enter."plus the universal no entry sign of a red circle with a diagonal angled red line.

No one enters my property or rear gardens without my permission, the gates are locked & my dogs are never left with outside access if I am not present. They don't have access to the drive & front of the property
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I used to be careful not to have a "beware of the dog" sign up, but I'm not so bothered now, why should a sign warning that you may get bitten if you enter my property matter? I know that my dogs won't bite anyone that is lawfully on my property (as I wouldn't let it happen) but one WILL bite a trespasser whether there is a sign there or not. It would take a very harsh judge to punish my dog or me purely because of the way a sign is worded.

As far as I know the new law is only to cover such people as postmen etc, anyone else on your property that shouldn't be then the law is the same as it is now.

As for dogs wearing ID in the house... I can't say that is enforceable and have to say I will not be keeping collars and tags on my dogs whilst in the house regardless.
This is the whole point, the sign does NOT say you may get bitten! What people INFER from a sign is entirely up to them.

And yes, if an intruder enters your home, there is no change to the law.

As no law has been passed re ID tags on your property there really is no reason to worry about it!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
They are making normally very law abiding people into law breakers.
Nobody is making very law abiding people into law breakers (unless a law has been passed that I have somehow missed) !
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3