View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Maybe it's worth looking into the website idea? Not only from the UK end but also a website that has an Australian address so that fundraising can be done from over there too?

Also, maybe the shelter that M originally came from may be able to help. I don't mean in terms of offering financial support but maybe putting up posters advertising the problem, so to speak and asking for donations from the public to help get M over here?

Sorry - I'm not great with ideas off the top of my head. I may think of something more sensible in a day or two.

Laura xx
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am currently working to get a site up and also luckily have lots of links with local press which could well be of use. A just wants to say she is really thankful for all the support so far
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Another fundraising idea that I used for helping my daughter fund an expedition - and at this time of year it can get you a tidy sum if enough people join in with you - is to get an account up on easyfundraising dot org dot uk. Then anyone shopping logs in and signs up to your particular cause, and goes into say amazon, M&S or whatever and shops as normal. Any shops (and there are hundreds to choose from, all fairly well known) you use give a (small) donation to your cause. Apart from going via easyfundraising you wouldn't notice any difference to your on-line shopping. Hope that helps.

Also, with car boots - we held several to help fund my daughter as well, and when we ran out of stuff we leaflet dropped around the neighbourhood explaining what we were doing and that we needed any unwanted items to put into a car boot to sell. We got loads of stuff from people who I suppose couldn't be bothered to do carboots etc themselves, and raised several hundred pounds that way.

Good luck.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear your friend is in such a dilemma.

I can only think to fundraise - car boots, home baking, ebay etc, and also how about writing to Beverley Cuddy and see if she would highlight M's plight in Dogs Today magazine.

I hope your friend can get something sorted out.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Millysmum, thanks very much We are setting one up!
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear your friend is in such a dilemma.

I can only think to fundraise - car boots, home baking, ebay etc, and also how about writing to Beverley Cuddy and see if she would highlight M's plight in Dogs Today magazine.

I hope your friend can get something sorted out.
Drafting a letter to do exactly that
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:44 PM
If you want to join our campaign, please spread the word about the following page. http://www.indiegogo.com/millyfund

Millie means so much to A and it would be fantastic to bring her home. Hope this is the right place to post this.

I appreciate this may look dodgy as we might not look "proper" but I want to do everything to help 'A'. I appreciate I may not have been a regular poster with dogsey for long and understand if this looks suspicious.

I am also in talks with a major radio station to help spread the word and looking for as many fundraising ideas or ways to get the above page viral asap.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, we appreciate all that dogsey has helped us so far 'A' was almost moved to tears last night when I told her how helpful you all had been.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91 View Post
If you want to join our campaign, please spread the word about the following page. http://www.indiegogo.com/millyfund

Millie means so much to A and it would be fantastic to bring her home. Hope this is the right place to post this.

I appreciate this may look dodgy as we might not look "proper" but I want to do everything to help 'A'. I appreciate I may not have been a regular poster with dogsey for long and understand if this looks suspicious.

I am also in talks with a major radio station to help spread the word and looking for as many fundraising ideas or ways to get the above page viral asap.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, we appreciate all that dogsey has helped us so far 'A' was almost moved to tears last night when I told her how helpful you all had been.
Not really sure what you are asking, are you asking for donations

I wish your friend luck in raising the cash to import this dog.

Although I am not sure it would be better served if the owners who can't keep the dog , place her back in the care of the no kill shelter she came from to find a forever home there.

I understand you feel you want to help, but to be honest if your friend can't afford to pay (or raise the money) for the dog
to be imported, I am not sure what else she can do.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Not really sure what you are asking, are you asking for donations

I wish your friend luck in raising the cash to import this dog.

Although I am not sure it would be better served if the owners who can't keep the dog , place her back in the care of the no kill shelter she came from to find a forever home there.

I understand you feel you want to help, but to be honest if your friend can't afford to pay (or raise the money) for the dog
to be imported, I am not sure what else she can do.
Thanks. For those concerned about her not being able to care for Millie once she is over here- she has accommodation sorted (dog friendly) and is able to sustain Millie's upkeep and keep her best interests at heart, she just cannot afford to fly her over.

I would not be spreading this if I had any doubts that she would make anything but the best dog owner to Millie, really.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
And yes I know its very cheeky but I have set up the page to spread awareness and ask for donations, alongside organizing other fundraisers and appeals.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >