Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
No decent person would have tried what he tried
I think legally and moraly there is a huge difference between if you had a dog who was going for people who politly knocked on your door, with her outside getting them
compaired to your dog inside your peoperty going for an uninvited arm

To me it is a bit like having your dog in the car with the window open a little bit. If a person forced the window down some more and stuck his arm in with a barking dog then its his own fault if he gets bit

But poor you anyways - I hope you have calmed down a bit - I would prob give the police a call, he might be trying other peoples houses

Unfortunately in Civil Law this is not the case.

The same applies to a dog in a car, legally it is deemed a public place UNLESS the car is parked in a PRIVATE place.

The words "fault" and "blame" are not legal terms, only insurance ones.

This is where so many people get confused between civil (tort) and criminal law.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Taking away the legalities of the situation, I would have been absolutely furious that someone had tried to enter my home that way.

The situation described whereby the man actually tried to undo a restraint on the door is absolutely out of order and not too different to someone climbing over a locked gate then walking into an open door and that could easily happen here as my garden gate is always locked, but back door is often left open.

Idiotic fella, IMHO, regardless of what the Law says or thinks about the situation
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
My question would have been who is liable when I slam the door on his arm & injure him because as I stood screaming I'm sure I'd have pulled the door to
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3