View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I feel a Chappies Anonymous group coming on.........
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I feed raw but am not a food snob. At least I do not think I am. Pereg also has an occasional meal of a very expensive dry food, also occasionally but rarely tinned food, but that is just so I know she will eat it/them in an emergency.

The only reason the dry food is an expensive one is because I am limited with what she has due to certain products being triggers, and that particular brand has no trigger ingredients.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 08:00 AM
does it make it better that I buy it from Ocado?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Our old vet used to tell us that 'you won't go wrong if you feed them chappie'.
Unless of course your dog has a problem with any cereals, then you'll go wrong feeding Chappie.

I don't see how it's any better than the other foods available in the supermarket to be honest. The dry especially. I mean if your dog does well on it then that's fine but it'd be nowhere near top of my list of foods to try.

Dunno whether that makes me a food snob but having had a dog with allergies to wheat and maize and seeing the difference going grain free has made even to a dog without allergies I'll avoid them where I can.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I usually go for middle of the road foods - Skinners, Autarky, Vitalin etc, the best that I can afford. However atm I am having to cut corners and go cheap. Reality. I tried Gusto - bingo, works really well. When that lot was running out, I made the mistake of picking up some Wagg just because I was in the supermarket, it was there and I needed some affordable dog food. After a week or two it was clear it didn't agree with Gelert at all so I had to pick him up some Harringtons as an interim measure. Gracie tolerates the Wagg so has been eating it up, but never again - total false economy. Price and ingredients wise, there ain't much difference between Gusto and Wagg, but I've just ordered some more of the one and wouldn't touch the other again with a bargepole. And now someone will come along saying their dog thrives on Wagg (well, maybe they won't admit it here ) and I daresay plenty do. There's no one size fits all way of feeding.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Lol, we went with Wagg a while back after running out of Spens usual food. Never again! He became a nightmare to live with. Couldn't settle, couldn't focus, constantly misbehaving, whining etc. It was either Wagg or Bakers and I went with what I thought was the lesser of two evils
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I got Wagg once too. Was out of dog food, and headed for Wilkos...They had no Harringtons, so thought...the sensitive one cant do any harm for a few days...WRONG

Kerrie was like a mad woman, Poppy got the ****es, and Rupert couldnt stop farting
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Unless of course your dog has a problem with any cereals, then you'll go wrong feeding Chappie.

I don't see how it's any better than the other foods available in the supermarket to be honest. The dry especially. I mean if your dog does well on it then that's fine but it'd be nowhere near top of my list of foods to try.

Dunno whether that makes me a food snob but having had a dog with allergies to wheat and maize and seeing the difference going grain free has made even to a dog without allergies I'll avoid them where I can.
Good point Sarah. Maybe he had shares in Chappie
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Food snobbery taken to the extreme:

http://www.[a social network].com/notes/bigges...57806237629912

Woman takes on a rescued dachshund who is hugely obese. Begins feeding him specially formulated low calorie dog food in order for him to lose weight, which will save his life. It's Purina. Cue vomit inducing handwringing and smuggery from armchair pet nutritionists who think they could do it better.

ETA: never mind, fbook link
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
does it make it better that I buy it from Ocado?
Yes, definitely!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >