View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:06 PM
CSJ do fish skin treats much cheaper than Fish 4 Dogs too !
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Who are CSJ?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Awesome (but v.expensive!!). Am book marking this thread once we know what the score is digestion wise ;o)
Definitely not cheap but we tend to restrict the amount we buy from here. The Jeffo's crunchies are tiny, good for training or for filling a treat ball and there's loads in a box. I've just ordered the turkey strips so will let you know how we get on. Cassie's restricted to very little now so with us it's fresh chicken boiled with a couple of cloves of garlic, the low fat version of the schmacko's that Wilkinsons do and a couple of the things from zoo plus!
We used to spend loads on markies and gravy bones so figure it costs more from here but we buy less so probably works out about the same in the end.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Mine love the fish4dogs treats and they aren't half as bad as what you might think they'd be. They get most of the range, including the dried fish skins and cubed dry fish skins. I think (well, the dogs think as well!) that these treats are fab. They are fairly expensive but they don't get them every day, so I feel they are worth the money.

They also get Arden Grange Crunchy Bites, Burns Kelties and James Wellbeloved Crackerjacks and Minijacks as treats. Most, if not all of these are hypoallergenic.

Homemade liver cake is also a favourite of theirs! As is plain old cooked chicken, like Shona has suggested.

I use Coachies Training Treats for walks, they are only small, though I know some people who wouldn't use them as they feel they are too small for their dogs.

Also, Webbox Chomping Chews in chicken or lamb which are handy to shove in your pocket or treat bag. I know they aren't the best treats in the world, but they are gluten free, I think and for all they get of them it isn't that much to make any difference to my dogs, plus they don't suffer from any allergies etc anyway.

Hope this helps.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
CSJ do fish skin treats much cheaper than Fish 4 Dogs too !
Oh, that's great to know! Thanks for that! I'll certainly be looking in to them for next time....and I only just bought a few packets of the fish4dogs treats yesterday, too! Typical.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:19 PM
This is all great. Thanks guys.

Jackie, do let me know how you get on with it all but it's also good to know how small the Jeffos are.

Westie, we've always used coachies but I just need to be sure that he's allowed the stuff we've been giving him. It's a long old process.

I think chicken bits as Shona suggested will be good for now also, as you say.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2009, 07:22 PM
If you look on the fish 4 dogs website and click on fish 4 bargains they do mis shape treats at half the normal price and to be honest I can't tell the difference. I buy them in bulk when they have a good selection available as it obviously varies from week to week.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:26 PM
[quote=Pidge;1687191]This is all great. Thanks guys.

Jackie, do let me know how you get on with it all but it's also good to know how small the Jeffos are.

Yep will do. The Jeffo's ones are really tiny so good to make last. Nice and cruncy too, in the shape of bunnies!
The schmacko type things are good from Wilkinsons. The low fat version are really good and Cassie has had no problem with them.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
If you look on the fish 4 dogs website and click on fish 4 bargains they do mis shape treats at half the normal price and to be honest I can't tell the difference. I buy them in bulk when they have a good selection available as it obviously varies from week to week.

Excellent!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Right, thanks everyone. I've ordered some Fish4Dogs mini bones and training treats, some of Cassie's recommended Jeffo things and some wild South African game braids as he does love to lie down and chew for abit to unwind.

Wish me luck with it all as it was NOT cheap AND we've got about £40 of food and treats that is now no good!! Gutted but what can ya do ;o)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >