Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jaymacv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
OOOh! Gorgeous!
I love draught horses so much, they are beautiful. What a striking horse there! Unusual for such a baby to be so much of a pushover Bless him...
Maybe if they changed his bit he would be more forward-going? I think thats a gag, but not sure.... Maybe put the reins through the second ring?
Anyway, LOVELY horse!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by rueben View Post
The shire horses are gorgeous gentle giants .It takes me back to the long gone days when the treat for me was riding to the stable on the back of a shire horse after it's long hard day in the haymaking field. Lovely photo's
Thank you My friend would love to work him but it's hard to find the time! Charlie is able to pull a cart though so hoping she invests in one and we can take him out with that Her late grandfather used to show his clydes but the family have only kept Charlie and one other since he passed and don't really have the same enthusiasm for it

Originally Posted by lore View Post
My Mum remembers that time. Grandad had a big shire called Star when she was growing up, she used to sit on him and ride him home from the hay too (apparently he was a gentle old soul as well).
Aww... I would have loved that! If only I was born back then... Horses everywhere! Heaven!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh love him Never actually ridden one of these, but my friend had one, she used to plod out on him for miles most days and I remember her saying once how she must have fallen asleep on him coz she didn't remember which way home she came lol!

Blimey, you could have a party up there couldn't you! but what about those legs wrapped around something as wide as him, bet they ached next day!
I ached for the whooooole weekend!!! I hadn't been on a horse for 6 years and then this fella!!! He's brilliant though

Originally Posted by jaymacv View Post
OOOh! Gorgeous!
I love draught horses so much, they are beautiful. What a striking horse there! Unusual for such a baby to be so much of a pushover Bless him...
Maybe if they changed his bit he would be more forward-going? I think thats a gag, but not sure.... Maybe put the reins through the second ring?
Anyway, LOVELY horse!
Thank you I'll admit to knowing nothing about tack but I think they are investing in a new saddle and bridle for him soon as they are taking him out more now. He's such a lovely chap that he deserves some new made-to-measure clobber! Will mention about the reins in the meantime though

xoxox
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Smitten! He's beautiful

He looks so gentle and easy going despite his size, my kind of horse. I'm a bit of a scaredy girl but he looks so friendly and sweet.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
lovely i love clydesdales, but prefer shires but i am bias
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3