View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Benji was like a zombie after his op ,but the next day he was back to normal ,but a good few weeks later I noticed he had started to lick his stitch area and could see he still had 2 stitches that had sort of got stuck ,I got him into the vets and they removed the stitches and gave him some antibiotics because they had got a little infected and that sorted it out in no time ,the vet didnt charge any extra either
Thankfully this all happened before I had Kira or she would have terrorised him with his stitches
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
where did he swell up????? how was he with his stitches? did u leave him alone? sorry but i am just worried now i was well confident when i booked him in as i had just run faster and for longer than i have since i left school so i was determined now i am getting scared!
His testicalls swelled up and then the swelling dies down after a while and then what left recedes back up into his body. Murphy was fine with the stictches although he did get a bit of an infection (which can happen but its not a major panic) and he was put on antibiotics and it cleared up pretty quickly. We did buy a buster collar from the vet just in case Murphy licked his wound too much but he was quite a bood boy and we didn't have to use it. Honestly, don't worry and please don't compare it to a spey, they are entirely different ops and a spey is much more invasive, the best way to compare is is between a vasectomy for a man and a hysterectomy for a woman - the woman takes weekes to heal, the bloke is out having a beer with his mates in the pub the next day
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:45 PM
well i hope max isnt driven to turning to alcohol he is underage. how can the testicals swell up arent they removing them or do you mean the sac thingy!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Katy - you shouldn't really need to take any time off work butif your like me and are a worry-pot take the following day off work so you can pamper Max.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:46 PM
but what if i am at work and he pulls his stitches out????????
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
well i hope max isnt driven to turning to alcohol he is underage. how can the testicals swell up arent they removing them or do you mean the sac thingy!
its only the actual sac inside that they remove (very few vets remove the whole kit and kaboodle ) and then they tie up the ends inside but obviously the outer sacs swell up due bruising etc
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:48 PM
leave the buster collar on him whilst your not there and take it off when you're there to supervise him
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 02:50 PM
i must admit I haven't left her since the op ...
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Katy he sounds exactly like milo was..they are far too big and strong to leave entire, and it got to the point where milo was doing stuff like that all the time so you are deffo doing the right thing, and relax, he'll be fine
fennash
Dogsey Junior

25-02-2005, 03:18 PM
I had 2 of my boys done on the same day (scary) but they were fine, they didn't have any external sitiches, the ones they did have were disolving ones so we didn't even have to have them taken out. I got them Buster collars (just incase) but I didn't need them. Good job too as Ash decided it is totaly impossible to walk or even move with one of those on. The only problem I did have was trying to stop them bombing about as normal, the next day, they obviously felt fine.
I have always had my dogs neutered and been very lucky, never had any problems.
I've got to take Soda (my baby) to be done in a couple of months. Not looking forward to that one, not because of the op but he is VERY dependent on me. Think it's because he is deaf. Guess I will just have to be there until he goes under the anesthetic and be there when he comes round.
Don't worry Katyb I'm sure Max will be fine.
Lynn
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »