View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2013, 11:32 AM
ours has the run of our llivingroom and kitchen when we are out this is in order to allow the cats time on their own in the rest of the house whilst we are out as we still arent sure about leaving them all out together. this is also the way it is at bedtime. Looking to maybe crate train our pooch though.
Shriley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Diz has the run of the flat when I'm here, but only in with the ratties under supervision.

When I'm out, she has the lounge and kitchen, she has everything she needs here and if she barks, she's not right next to neighbours

As others have said, this is her home there's not much of it so she can use as much space as she needs.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2013, 12:21 PM
when we got our Cav we lived in a one bed flat with no garden too. She slept in the front room and had run of the flat if we were out.
Now we have a house and she started off in the front room but more often than not she now sleeps on the bedroom floor.
Robbie34
New Member!
Male 

29-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Sorry, double post by mistake.
Robbie34
New Member!
Male 

29-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Henry sleeps in my bedroom. He has a bed there but he also jumps on the bed sometime in the night and sleeps there for an hour or two. I wake up to find him sitting over me willing me to get up.
Henry has the run of the house and is very rarely left home alone. He goes everywhere with me in the car, and is only left at home when the weather is too hot to leave him in the car when shopping.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Holly sleeps in my bedroom at night. If I go out she is either shut in the lounge, or I shut the kitchen door and she can go in the lounge, the upstairs and downstairs hallway and my bedroom.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2013, 03:52 PM
All of our own and fosters over many years have slept on dog beds or folded duvets at the side of our bed. Never had a problem with that but I don't allow them up on the bed with me ever.
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:42 AM
My Chihuahua sleeps in his crate in the kitchen and has done from day one, when he was a puppy I used to close the door but now we just leave it open. He goes in if he wants a nap during the day, it's like he knows it's his place and seems quiet happy in there. Just make sure your dog has water, we bought a rabbit water bowl that fixes on the side of the crate so doesn't spill.
lynni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2013, 04:44 AM
My dog has the run of downstairs and can sleep where he likes down here.I don't allow him upstairs at night at all,he's never been allowed to sleep in my bedroom or bed-that's the cat's perogitive!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Betty only goes into a crate when we are not home, so rarely. Mollie has free run. But both sleep with us and have free run when we are home.

Family members don't get pushed away here, unless they have rolled in something horrid !
not sure that was called for, it kind of suggest to those who don`t allow their dog to sleep with them are lesser than those who do.

Puppies sleep in a crate in the laundry and when we go out until they are old enough to be trusted.

Adult dog have free run of the down stairs while we are in, when I am out they are confined to the laundry /kitchen, usually on the sofa, in the evenings they they have a choice of sofa in kitchen or bed in living room.

My dogs will always be family members first and foremost, but that does not mean restricting them to parts of the house makes them less of a loved pet.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >